TOK External Assessment

drainage

I'm new here, and this is my first post. I think this is a great foum; I just wish I could obtain those PDF samples of IAs. Nevertheless, I have recently finished my TOK paper. I wrote on prescribed title # 1 for candidates graduating in May 2008: evaluate the role of intuition in different areas of knowledge. Is there anyway I could email that to somebody who can give me an idea of how I did? I don't know if that's common behavior here, or if that's completely off limits (or somewhere in between). It's really hard for the faculty at my school to give us their assessments of our work in a timely manner. I've turned in every internal assessment, both world lit papers, orals (excluding TOK presentation), and extended essay, but I only know the grade I received on my French oral. That's why I would like to receive feedback from a poster here (assuming he's qualified as far assessing with the IB criteria). But if this is not something anyone can do, I understand.

Anyway, I disliked my TOK paper, personally. It is 1598 words, but I did not have a chance to develop a part about intuition's role in ethics. My conclusion, or lack thereof, is terrible. Still, I would take someone's feedback. I can email it or send it through private message.

Hi,

I must advise you against sending your TOK essay to anyone else than the moderating and adminstrating team of IBS, as you never know who you are dealing with online. IBSurvival does have an Essay Help forum, where one can submit essays to be looked at (only administrators and moderators can see your posts there), however, it too is VIP only. This is because basically only our administrators HMSChocolate and ~Lc~ are qualified enough to help with these essays, and they do not have enough time to help everyone with their essays. However, admins are not always able to even look at VIP users' essays - as such, we cannot guarantee help.

If you feel you are too busy to gain VIP status through contributing, you can always buy VIP for 5£ (roughly 9$). This way, you will be able to look at the PDF files and might get help with your essay. For more information about this, please visit http://www.ibsurvival.com/forum/index.php?...;f=14&id=16

Hi,

I must advise you against sending your TOK essay to anyone else than the moderating and adminstrating team of IBS, as you never know who you are dealing with online. IBSurvival does have an Essay Help forum, where one can submit essays to be looked at (only administrators and moderators can see your posts there), however, it too is VIP only. This is because basically only our administrators HMSChocolate and ~Lc~ are qualified enough to help with these essays, and they do not have enough time to help everyone with their essays. However, admins are not always able to even look at VIP users' essays - as such, we cannot guarantee help.

Erm...Joel, I'm not sure about "qualified". :P We're just weird in that we like reading other people's essays.

@drainage: What deissi meant when he said "qualified" is that we're finished with IB, and we've been reading enough essays to pick out common mistakes and been writing enough essays to help you with the structure a bit and maybe suggest improvements if you're totally off the point with your essay. Even if we do help you, please don't think that our comments are correct or that they'll guarantee you any grade.

That said, university semester starts in a week for me so I'm not even sure I'll have time after next week to read many essays.

Thank you. I already saw the section about becoming a VIP, and I don't want to pay for it. It was a bit ambiguous about how to become a VIP through posts. Anyway, that's why I posted here about my essay: to see if I could send it to anyone through email who would want to read it. I guess that's not the case. Hopefully, I will become a VIP, so I can exchange my essays and also have the ability to obtain those useful PDF files.

Well, by posting we have a certain limit about becoming VIP: after 50 posts you are automatically VIPped.

If you only contribute files, the system is more ambiguous - however, we are working on more specific rules on becoming VIP that way.

Should you want to share any files (they can't be unassessed IAs or EEs by students who haven't graduated), please use the "Contribute to IBSurvival" forum found under the "About IBSurvival forum" - all files will be much appreciated!