8•3•11

dessskris

ok people, this is going to be creepy, so lower the volume of or even mute your laptop/computer before opening the site http://8-3-11.info/

don't open it at night if you're likely to not be able to sleep.

got it from 's status update, yes. and I'm here not really to spread the word, but to rather discuss what this could possibly be about.

another site worth checking out is http://formspring.me/8X3X11

the whole thing is really creepy, even the girl's face freaks me out! I'm scared :panic:

some people said it's got something to do with wars.

some further discussions, if you want to find out more:

http://www.alien-earth.org/forum/message.php?message=83333&mpage=1&showdate=6/29/11

http://www.legendofzelda.com/showthread.php?247-8-3-11

http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32583

http://www.zenhex.com/showthread.php?234-8-3-11

http://chanarchive.org/4chan/x/12459

what do you guys think this might be?

I hope this is about destructing the IBO head office so that IB will forever be eradicated and we (2012, 2013 and future candidates) will be saved!!! :lol:

um its a troll site?

I never thought an IB student would fall for this... LOL.

I feel like there's too much effort to just be trolling, though it is the internet. I'm sure you saw all through that in your few seconds on the site though.

Most likely it's an ARG.

Edited by Proletariat

lol Proletariat use your phone then :P or bring your laptop and get to a place with free wifi.

it seems like a bad news! I've been trying to ask them through formspring but they don't answer my questions!

just one thing I noticed: 8+3=11. I asked if it was intentional or coincidental but they didn't answer. I think those people might be maths professors. otherwise they wouldn't have been so good at creating such codes for their names.

Okay so here's what I found from one of your links. Maybe we could start understanding it better.

I'm afraid to post the code, but I will post the letters that the script translates into.. 8/3/11.info was a web site created a few years ago, showing a girl, in an old timey photo, who just happens to look a lot like Empress Zita, who bore Otto, the man seeking Kingship for him and his sons in Austria currently, while also being accompanied by strange noises in the background, and later a coded message.

The message was solved this morning on another site.

Note: I and Y are interchangeable, as are p and ph. Also, the code is a substitution code taken from ancient European scripts, along with Byblos, Lycean, and coptic gliphs. The code was hand written and divided into three sections at the top, two in the middle and two at the bottom, the last part being an actual number value, 68,000. Also, the code contains an arrow and umbrella.

Here is the transliteration:

ANSOSFROMNS-EASTNRPOHI-ENFORMATOIN INPOPhSORY - 2011 FLAMSMANYTMTSOR-68,000

The break down was as follows:

An S.O.S From NS-Eastnr Pohi-Enformatoin In Pophsory - 2011 Flams Many T-Mtsor-68,000

Further decoding revealed:

An S.O.S. from N.S.-Eastrn Hopi- Enformation In Prophosy - 2011 Flams Many T-Storm-68,000

Notice in the code, the Umbrella was over the words T-Storm...

Final decoding involved decoding the phrase Eastrn Hopi. The Hopi believe they were the progenitors of the Mayans, and left them when they began killing each other and sacrificing humans to what even they considered was pagan gods. Thus, the Hopi moved west and north into New Mexico and Arizona, which left the Mayans in a state of actually being Hopi's from the East, Eastern Hopi...

Final Decoding:

An S.O.S. From N.S. (National Security?) Eastern Hopi (Mayan) Information In Prophecy -

2011 Flams (Flames, solar flares)

Many Thunder Storms 68,000 (A 68,000 year cycle of catastrophy dealing with Comet/Planet Elenin?)

P.S. the 2011 came from decoding the double x as being the numeral 2000, x being 1000. The 11 came from the following letter representing an ancient Lambda, which was, at the time, the 11th letter of their alphabet, or the 11th letter of currently historical reckoning of their alphabet.

Put them together, you get 2011.

It all seems weird and I don't really understand anything but I think it is something related with the pagan gods.

hmmm i still don't really get it though. how is it related with Belle, and what will they do to her?

I asked if anybody is going to get hurt but they don't answer.

people nowadays are going nuts. this is definitely freaking people out, and the D-day is still like one month to go!

@Desy: Don't worry- look at the previous answers. They date back to a coupleof weeks ago, and anybody looking for ancient codes is reading too much into it. Besides, the person on the other end said that nobody is going to get hurt.

And again, I'm sorry for causing a panic.

Desy, you underestimate how old my phone is ;p

Theories aside, it still looks to me like an ARG, although I don't know if they're always this vague. But the mystery element, the real-world recruitment of both players and admin, and the constructed cipher/language screams game to me.

I'm not much of a techy person so can you tell me what ARG stands for and link me to its wikipedia page or something? thanks :P

well it doesn't look like something good and who knows if they are lying? if it was something good I don't think they would've made this a big secret.

damn this whole thing. I'm freaking out over something stupid, eh?

Most likely. Half of the stunts turn out to be really funny! Somebody who was so desperate to be catwoman went around wearing the suit, got surgery and stuff and the role went to Halle Berry! I feel sorry for the woman, though :P

damn this whole thing. I'm freaking out over something stupid, eh?

Most likely. Half of the stunts turn out to be really funny! Somebody who was so desperate to be catwoman went around wearing the suit, got surgery and stuff and the role went to Halle Berry! I feel sorry for the woman, though :P

Considering the eviscerating reviews that box-office bomb got, I would save your sympathies for Halle Berry.

how come you guys know about these things and I don't? -.-

(this is what happen if you don't watch the news and don't read the newspapers)

Well, I'm a film fanatic who is intent on becoming and film maker/producer/book writer/screenwriter and so looks into every possible situation where crazy things happen which are connected to film/game/book releases... ad judging by his/her previous comments, Proletariat is an avid gamer :D