8•3•11

dessskris

Haha, I wish XD For some reason I couldn't seem to make both IB and avid gaming work. I actually knew about ARGs from The Dark Knight, and I saw the term pop up a few times on the forums that Desy linked.

I'm probably closer to you HGBellamy; I'm pretty sure we talked about IB Film in a previous thread a while back.

Haha, I wish XD For some reason I couldn't seem to make both IB and avid gaming work. I actually knew about ARGs from The Dark Knight, and I saw the term pop up a few times on the forums that Desy linked.

I'm probably closer to you HGBellamy; I'm pretty sure we talked about IB Film in a previous thread a while back.

I think I remember that- something about Black Swan? Or was that somebody's status?

Something like that.

What do you think? Does 8-3-11 sound like a promo ARG for a film? Just a "regular" ARG? Or something else?

Have you heard of Department 19? A semi-freaky site was set up for its release- fake newscasts were put up and everything! Then it turned out to be a book. It could be something similar :) An ARG sounds most likely, though.

damn it HGB. if I knew that I would've freaked out as hell.

Does 8-3-11 sound like a promo ARG for a film?

Maybe that ^

But check their formspring again. One asked if Belle is going to be angry if she knows what they're doing, and they said "Not for long". If it was something good Belle wouldn't be angry, even though not for long, still.

damn it HGB. if I knew that I would've freaked out as hell.

Does 8-3-11 sound like a promo ARG for a film?

Maybe that ^

But check their formspring again. One asked if Belle is going to be angry if she knows what they're doing, and they said "Not for long". If it was something good Belle wouldn't be angry, even though not for long, still.

They might be using her image for the film/ARG.

tbh, before freaking out, I initially thought it was some kind of movement. I was thinking about a movement against children abuse or something like that... it makes sense though. I mean the scary voices and everything... maybe umbrella is simply their organisation's logo or means protection. protecting children like Belle. maybe she is a victim of some violent action...

that's just my guess, though.

tbh, before freaking out, I initially thought it was some kind of movement. I was thinking about a movement against children abuse or something like that... it makes sense though. I mean the scary voices and everything... maybe umbrella is simply their organisation's logo or means protection. protecting children like Belle. maybe she is a victim of some violent action...

that's just my guess, though.

That is a very good point! I hadn't thought about that.

Oh, and here's the e-mail they sent me (starting from the most recent):

http://tsdcv3.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=mediabc&action=display&thread=3348

These are the conversations. As you can see, neither was started by me. My username on IB Survival is HGBellamy and on Twilight Sucks I'm annabellamy. If you have trouble getting access, you can use my account to view or make your own. In my opinion, this should get to the point where it's not newsworthy until the day of the big reveal- it makes for a greater impact and causes less of a panic. However, you may want to place leads- true or false or both- if you are going to issue press releases because this can create the desired effect of intrigue and awe. It would also create a better reaction when everything is revealed.

Since you are not going to divulge to me any details other than what I already know, I guess there's no point in me asking why Belle won't be angry for long.

Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 16:36:49 -0500

Subject: Re: 8-3-11

To: [email protected]

We would like to see any conversations you have had. Our reception by the public is very important to us. London is valuable simply because it is a large modern city, the type of place where rumors can spread quickly. If you do hang any fliers in London near any notable places we would be interested in seeing some pictures of them. We're making a gallery. We still can't really tell you what 8•3•11 is about completely but we can assure you it is nothing sinister. Like we've said before nobody will be harmed in any way. We know the formspring is off putting. That means it's doing it's job.

~18,000

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 4:25 PM, Hannah Clark wrote:

That's good to hear :) So is it something political or a form of entertainment? I'd be glad to help, but you have to admit that the way you answer the questions on formspring is really creepy. I shared the website with some of my fellow IB students online, and it restuled in very lengthy discussion. I could link you if you would like me to. Anyway, I have to print some things off tomorrow so I'll print off one or two flyers and hang them on a bus stop. Do you mind if I ask why London is valuable?

Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 16:21:35 -0500

Subject: Re: 8-3-11

To: HGBellamy

There is no need to worry. We are not a cult or a terrorist organization. We don't predict the end of the world nor do we wish to make contact with aliens. This is not viral marketing and we are not selling anything nor do we wish to make any money from 8•3•11. There is no reason to fear us or our intentions. We would be happy if you could help spread the word in London because that is a valuable area for us. Thank you.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to mail us back.

~18,000

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 10:48 AM, Hannah Clark wrote:

Hello

I recently sent an e-mail asking a few questions about 8-3-11, but now I would like to apply for a place, given that I don't know very much than the following:

1. On your formspring page, there are several questions regarding language. This would lead one to suspect:

a) A terror/crime ring given that the site is creeping me out

b) Something involving aliens, due to the language using over 30 characters

c) Some form of cult, because of the umbrella under 'about us' and the picture of the girl

2) The picture of the girl and umbrella symbolise many things: cover, innocence, history, secrets.

3) Since I have seen numbers such as -68000 and -18000, this further implies that 1b and 1c might be the case.

However, as an aspiring author and film maker, I am inclined to believe that 8-3-11 is some form of entertainment, as 'Help Her' under the 'spread the word' link could be a tagline for a film or a new MMORPG. I'm not particularly sure I would like to get involved as the secrecy makes me feel apprehensive about the possibility that this is another end of the world scare, much like Harold Camping last month. It would be interesting to be involved just to find out what it is, and as a soon-to-be published author based in London, 8-3-11 might want somebody with influence to be involved.

I actually stumbled across your formspring page while on a forum site I am a member of and the concept of 8-3-11 worried me due to the aforementioned secrecy, so I took some time to browse your website and come to the above 3 conclusions.

Yours faithfully,

Hannah Clark.

• Like 1

just checked their formspring again.

do I have anything to fear from you?

No!

Very reassuring, yes :) I'm glad now...

What are you selling?

Nothing tangible.

This must then be a campaign.

Does the idea of freedom inspire you?

Certainly.

What I said.

Do you wish you had done this sooner? if not, what hindered you from doing this last year?

It had to be 8•3•11.

This date must be special. Other than 8+3=11.

Is there any explanation for the strange hairline on her picture?

Yes, there is.

:excl:

this is confusing.. they are very mysterious.

Well, I was interested (troll or not XD)

So, I posted to my favorite forum, where there was bound to be someone who knew or would research for me and they recommended this:

go here:

http://terriblygoodstuff.blogspot.com/

and feel free to join the chat at mibbit.com/#8311

(you'll have to dig through it, since there is about 6-post on it)

Edited by goTiffany
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...