Start IB over again?

DDuino

Hy guys...i am a currently IB1 student...i started the IB in february and i did catch all the work up i missed...however going on with the time i discovered that this state school i am in we don't as much as we should..moreover the school is the first year they do IB and i was wondering wether change it or now given also the fact i am doing maths and physics HL which are not obviously easy...my second options is now start the IB again in a school in another country with 20 years experience and i know that the students there are highly motivated as well as staff being at a high standard...what would you do?do you think being 17 missing 1 year to repeat the whole IB will make some differences?anything really you say much of help!

Best

If I were you, I wouldnt repeat. You still have quite a bit of time left. If you are willing to put in solid effort, then there should be no need to repeat!I remember I finished the whole syllabus for all my subject during a 4week holiday - it's not too bad. (I'm asian...My life revovles around studying haha)All you need is a strong determination and willingness to sit down for hours and study.

Hmm about your school, if it is the first year - then that is somewhat a problem. Foundation years tend to be the guinea pigs. My school is only like 3 years old and I remember the teachers talking about foundation year IB results and how the moderation was chaotic. You can be disadvantaged if you go to a newbie school. Consider hard if you want to move school and repeat though. Are you sure that you will do well and will get a good result if you repeat?