Is there any chance for recovering?

ib_waad

Hi guys

I want to know if i can improve my predicted grade next year... initially my IB points were increasing gradually from 32 to 35 during the first half of the year with but then i started the other half at a really bad note and I ended up having my end of year grade declining to back to a 31, particularly in chem where i got a 3 :( . Is there any hope that I can redeem myself during IB 2 ? If yes, then how ? Especially, since i wanna apply in an elite university

Edited by hotbiz

yes, by working harder and believing.

always target for the highest mark possible and try your best in every assignment.

if you don't understand something, do ask your teacher, or ask around here, there are nerds who can help you. then if you need, ask for tutorials from your teacher maybe? in my school teachers are willing to give us extra tutorials. I hope yours also.

when doing an IA, don't forget to refer to the marking criteria available in the syllabi. read past exemplars and compare.

one other thing is to believe. ora et labora. believe in yourself, you can do it!

be nice to your teachers too. good luck!

• Like 1

I'm in the similar situation, I was just a little lazy in the first "real" year of the programme, and hoovering around the 33-34 mark, when i need around 40 points to get into the university I would like to apply to after the diploma. Everything is possible, and as the previous person stated, its all about hard work and dedication. My plan now is to recap most of the year under this summer, make sure to reread your notes/novels and be prepared for the upcoming year. I have planned to recap my free choices this summer (eco, ess, hist) to be as prepared as possible for the upcoming year and also to finish off my EE over the summer, so I can finish the third trimester of IB2 and then have 4-5 months to just revise to be as prepared as possible for the exams.

Always have yourself a plan or a general "red thread," which you follow, prepare over the summer(hard work and dedication will give results,) believe in yourself, be posetive- you will make it, finish off former IA's and EE over the holidays, and always keep yourself updated with revision every other night, at least 25hrs a week. Good luck, hope it helps, just motivate yourself and see it as a global competition where you strive for being number one!

• Like 1

Especially, since i wanna apply in an elite university

I just noticed this bit :blink: is that Oxbridge? if yes i'm afraid it would be too late... they want your predicted grades, right? and you have to apply in october at the latest! you don't have time to wait for the next report card :o

if not then it's still possible, though I still think it would be difficult. I mean it's not easy to improve a lot in every subject. I'm a pessimist though, so sorry if I upset you!

• Like 1

Follow what the above posters have said. Work hard, especially in chemistry. Show your teachers that you can do better. Ask questions if you don't understand something and participate in class. Having a good relationship with your teachers is a very good thing especially if you need reference letters for university or for scholarships. Don't just study aimlessly for hours and hours, but make sure you're actually grasping the material. Take small breaks in between. If you believe you can do it, you can.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...