IB Results May 2011 Thread

Cynthia

It is not possible to display your results. Please check and try again. If you continue to be unable to read your results, please contact your IB Coordinator to obtain your results.

D: it isn't letting me log in, even if i was to type a wrong PIN, it would still say that^

is this happening to anyone else..? or do you guys know what to do?

I can't seem to display my results either.

Your results will be published 12:30:00 GMT 06-Jul-2011 Please try again then.

The time is currently 12:45 GMT on 06-Jul-2011.

IB sucks. :)

How come IBO gets to be late, but not the students?

Edited by comeontime
  • Like 2

2011 MAY TURKISH A1 SL 5

2011 MAY ENGLISH A2 HL 6

2011 MAY BIOLOGY EE in ENGLISH D

2011 MAY BIOLOGY SL in ENGLISH 4

2011 MAY CHEMISTRY SL in ENGLISH 3

2011 MAY PHYSICS HL in ENGLISH 3

2011 MAY MATHEMATICS HL in ENGLISH 3

2011 MAY THEORY KNOWL. TK in ENGLISH C

Total of 24

At least I will get the diploma lol

So finally got my results after waiting on them 43 minutes after the official time they were supposed to be out :D

2011 MAY ENGLISH A1 SL 7 - surprising, but really makes me happy having two sevens :D

2011 MAY FINNISH A1 SL 7

2011 MAY PSYCHOLOGY EE in ENGLISH D - this is really weird, because I was predicted an A???! I'm considering a remark, but then again it's just one extra point

2011 MAY PSYCHOLOGY HL in ENGLISH 6 - was kind of to be expected given the slight uneasiness after P3

2011 MAY CHEMISTRY HL in ENGLISH 6 - yea could have been this or a seven, but it was p3 that killed it again

2010 MAY PHYSICS SL in ENGLISH 6

2011 MAY MATHEMATICS HL in ENGLISH 5 - If I'm proud of something it's this :D

2011 MAY THEORY KNOWL. TK in ENGLISH A - and this :D

EE/TOK points: 2

Total points: 39

Results: Bilingual Diploma awarded

Mathematics HL: 6

Physics HL: 5

Norwegian A1 HL: 5

Chemistry SL: 3

History SL: 6

English B SL: 7

EE: A

TOK: B

Total: 35

Reaction: Pretty alright I guess. I was really hoping for a 7 in maths, but oh well. I also thought I could manage a 6 in Physics. I bet I was on the border for both maths and physics. Chemistry went actually better than expected(expected a 3). Knew my TOK essay was pretty good, so was expecting a B.

All in all I'm quite happy to be done with IB and even happier that I get to go to the university I want to :)

Mathematics HL: 6

Physics HL: 5

Norwegian A1 HL: 5

Chemistry SL: 3

History SL: 6

English B SL: 7

EE: A

TOK: B

Total: 35

Reaction: Pretty alright I guess. I was really hoping for a 7 in maths, but oh well. I also thought I could manage a 6 in Physics. I bet I was on the border for both maths and physics. Chemistry went actually better than expected(expected a 3). Knew my TOK essay was pretty good, so was expecting a B.

All in all I'm quite happy to be done with IB and even happier that I get to go to the university I want to :)

Same here about the math, so close yet soo far :P. Congratulations anyway.

sheesh, what you guys are considering low marks is still freaking high!! o.O well its high for me!.. welll now, this has just motivated me (just a bit) to work hard to get above 30 points atleast :D oh and CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE!!

• Like 1

I want to die. I was SO close to 44 points. I am missing like 2% in all subjects I didn't get a 7 in.

Actual vs predicted (P)

A1 Norwegian HL - 7 (7)

A2 English HL - 7 (7)

chemistry HL - 6 (7)

Physics SL - 7 (6)

Maths SL - 6 (7)

History SL - 5 (6)

EE A (A)

TOK A (A) - 3 (3)

Total(SO FAR!): 41 (42)

How much does a Retake/remark cost?

I'm so amazed by some of the grades you got guys, for example, Drake Glau... wow dude you're a master in the experimental sciences, how come you got something like that? It makes me think about my results compared to yours >.<. On the other hand congratulations to everybody, those are freaking high grades, specially the people who got 40+. You may say that's not what you expected but hey, that is extremely HIGH, at least for me and everyone in my country I think. So once again, CONGRATULATIONS YOU DID IT YOU'RE OFFICIALLY IB KIDS! Enough about this nightmare and good luck to everybody in the universities you chose!! :D

It doesn't fit speciffically in one grade between 1-7. The grade depends on your TOK as well, so both of them depend on each other. Look at this diagram: http://liakatas.org/chemblog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/eetokmatrix_e.gif It shows how many points you'll get depending on what you got for the Extended Essay and Theory of Knowledge.

• Like 5

general question

is getting an "A" on your extended essay like getting a 7 on it...or?

anyone wanna explain what number grade range an A puts me in

(yay for ib still confusing me when i'm done with it!)

They do not translate directly, but there is a system used to convert the letter-grades on the Extended Essay and ToK coursework into bonus points.

If I remember correctly, it goes like this:

AA/AB - 3 bonus points

AC/AD/BB - 2 bonus points

AE/BC/BD/CC/CD - 1 bonus point

EDIT: I was too slow...

Edited by Sammie Backman

EE B

ENGLISH A1 HL 5

FRENCH B SL 6

HIST.AMERICAS HL in ENGLISH 6

BIOLOGY HL in ENGLISH 7

CHEMISTRY SL in ENGLISH 7

MATHEMATICS SL in ENGLISH 7

THEORY KNOWL. TK in ENGLISH B

Total points - 40

I beat my predicted grade by 1 whole point (from history)!!!!! :D And I get to keep my scholarships :D