IB Results May 2011 Thread

Cynthia

ENGLISH A1 HL 6

HIST.EUROPE/ME HL in ENGLISH 5

BIOLOGY HL in ENGLISH 7

CHEMISTRY SL in ENGLISH 6

I'm pretty happy with my results :) what matters most to me is getting that 6 in English because it means I can skip 6 credits worth of English in university. The 7 in bio is super nice too of course. As for chemistry....I am wowed. I was literally expecting a 4, MAYBE 5 if lucky. No idea how that happened hahah

Edited by meh

ENGLISH A1 HL 6

HIST.EUROPE/ME HL in ENGLISH 5

BIOLOGY HL in ENGLISH 7

CHEMISTRY SL in ENGLISH 6

I'm pretty happy with my results :) what matters most to me is getting that 6 in English because it means I can skip 6 credits worth of English in university. The 7 in bio is super nice too of course. As for chemistry....I am wowed. I was literally expecting a 4, MAYBE 5 if lucky. No idea how that happened hahah

Congrats! I was completely expecting a 5 maybe 6 in Chem as well but ended up with a 7. Super shocked at how that happened since I didn't think the exam went that well :P

I got...

English HL 7

Chemistry HL 7

Biology HL 7

French SL 7

Psychology SL 7

Maths SL 6

EE B

TOK C

Overall 42

I was so happy with all my subject grades, I was genuinely not expecting that! @Slovakov - I was confused about my TOK too! I don't really feel like I have the right to complain about my results, but the thing is I got full marks for my TOK presentation, so I don't really know how I got a C! Maybe we should ask for a remark!

A 7 in english A1 HL! That is incredible. I'm jealous!!! Congratulations your score is absolutely stunning!!

• Like 1

Business & Management HL: 7

Chemistry HL: 7

Biology HL: 7

French Ab Initio: 7

English A1 SL: 6

Maths SL: 6

EE: C

TOK: B

Overall: 41/45

I'm actually really happy with my results overall though I'm quite disappointed with my EE grade...but anyway congrats to everyone! We're done with IB! :D

Edited by xCrazyHippo

My results:

English A1 HL (6)

Latin HL (7)

History HL(medieval Europe and Islam)(7)

Maths Studies SL (7)

French B SL (6)

Chemistry SL (7)

TOK: C!!!!????

EE (Latin): B???!!!??!

1 bonus

Predicted As for both.

Nevermind, I am chuffed with 41!!!

SWEDISH A1 SL 6

ENGLISH A2 HL 6

ECONOMICS HL in ENGLISH 6

HIST.EUROPE/ME HL in ENGLISH 6

BIOLOGY SL in ENGLISH 6

MATHEMATICS SL in ENGLISH 6

THEORY KNOWL. TK in ENGLISH A

HISTORY EE in ENGLISH A

I expected one, two more points so I'm a bit disappointed :/

Music theory SL, group performance- 7

Mathematics SL- 7

Hahaha yessss! Shocking, I thought I did terribly on both exams.

I'm a little confused... Are these scores just the exam scores, or do they take into account the IAs, etc.? Are they the finalised IB scores that count as points (out of 44? 45?) toward the diploma?

Edited by DaaeDore

Danish A1 Sl - 7

English A2 Sl - 7

Physics Hl - 6

History Sl - 6

Math Hl - 5

Chem Hl - 5

EE and TOK - B and C(!?!?!?!) - 1 bonus point

Total of 37, diploma awarded.

Very disappointed about dropping a point in history and physics, happy about 5 in maths, devastated about 5 in chem. Danish and english were 7s as expected :)

Disappointed with EE, was predicted a high A and absolutely mindblown about TOK after getting 20/20 points in the presentation and writing three mock essays during the year which were all marked above 35, somehow this essay has scored between 12 and 19 points, which is absolutely absurd to me.

Overall, acceptable but a little disappointing, with a random retarded TOK grade which makes no sense at all.

I'm a little confused... Are these scores just the exam scores, or do they take into account the IAs, etc.? Are they the finalised IB scores that count as points (out of 44? 45?) toward the diploma?

These scores already take IA marks into account :yes: and they are the finalised IB scores, that count towards the diploma :yes:

oh and congratulations everybody!!!! :D

I guess most of the TOK and EE's predictions went wrong :S same thing happened to the folks at TSR! I feel sorry :( but the most important thing is getting into your dream university :D congratulations all and have fun at uni!

Edited by Desy Glau

English sl: 6 (my world lit paper must have not counted or something :D )

Spanish B sl: 6 (derped the whole exam)

History HL: 6 (expected)

Psych HL: 6 (expected a 5, so I will take it :) )

Biology HL: 6 (expected)

Math SL: 5 (meh)

History EE: A (O_o!!!!!!!!)

TOK: B ( :o )

Bonus: 3 points

Total: 38

I am a little disappointed in the lack of 7's but I still got a decent amount of points AND I'M DONE WITH IB! :) (now onto ap socres...)

I want to die. I was SO close to 44 points. I am missing like 2% in all subjects I didn't get a 7 in.

Actual vs predicted (P)

A1 Norwegian HL - 7 (7)

A2 English HL - 7 (7)

chemistry HL - 6 (7)

Physics SL - 7 (6)

Maths SL - 6 (7)

History SL - 5 (6)

EE A (A)

TOK A (A) - 3 (3)

Total(SO FAR!): 41 (42)

How much does a Retake/remark cost?

How do you know that you're missing 2%? Has the breakdown been released already??

I though it would take a few days at least!!

Try asking your coordinater about the details for the remark :)

Economics SL - 7 (7)

Math SL - 6 (6)

Total so far - 13 (I'm an anticipated candidate)

So I matched my predicted grades exactly :P I thought I messed up paper 2 for economics so I wasn`t expecting a 7, so I'm pleased with that. Meh I'm not very good at math so a 6 is fine for me :P