Mathematics HL 7

Economics SL 7

Chemistry SL 7

Physics SL 7

EE Visual Arts B

TOK C

Bonus 1

Overall 43

All good and satisfactory except my TOK score. I thought I've make every effort to prepare my presentation and essay, but the results in our school were rather arbitrary, with unexpected high and low scores. I missed my predicted grade by 1 point but exceed my offer by 9. Anyway, congratulate to all!

OMG HOW DO YOU GUYS ACTUALLY GET A 7 IN MATHS HL?!?!

my teacher's scaring us off telling that no one in 40 years has ever got a 7 in maths hl..... :o

That may be true for your school although I'm unsure if your school has had the IB for so long :D, but for example in the May 2010 session 8% of candidates worldwide were awarded a grade seven in Math HL :)http://www.ibo.org/facts/statbulletin/dpstats/documents/May2010Statisticalbulletin.pdf

Edited by ocfx

my teacher's scaring us off telling that no one in 40 years has ever got a 7 in maths hl..... :o

I think the problem with Math HL is mainly that you can't really be prepped... I mean no matter what your teacher will teach you, and even if you find the curriculum rather easy (Idk, I did without being an excessive math genius...), some questions will always throw you off.

On the other hand, to unscare you, the mark bands are usually rather low. You need around a 70% on P1/2 I think for a 7 (usually its around 80/120 so even lower actually) and I dont know what it is on P3. Plus, paper 3 markbands must have been ridiculously low this year, because it counts I think the most of all papers, I ANSWERED (not had correct, simply answered) under half the marks, and got a 7. So it is very possible!!

I think the problem with Math HL is mainly that you can't really be prepped... I mean no matter what your teacher will teach you, and even if you find the curriculum rather easy (Idk, I did without being an excessive math genius...), some questions will always throw you off.

On the other hand, to unscare you, the mark bands are usually rather low. You need around a 70% on P1/2 I think for a 7 (usually its around 80/120 so even lower actually) and I dont know what it is on P3. Plus, paper 3 markbands must have been ridiculously low this year, because it counts I think the most of all papers, I ANSWERED (not had correct, simply answered) under half the marks, and got a 7. So it is very possible!!

Actually Paper 3 only accounts for 20% of your grade while P1 and P2 both account 30% each. Grade boundaries did fluctuate widely for Paper 3 based on your options. I am guessing you did Series & Differential Equations because that had the lowest boundary while Discrete and Stats needed 48/60 for a 7.

Actually Paper 3 only accounts for 20% of your grade while P1 and P2 both account 30% each. Grade boundaries did fluctuate widely for Paper 3 based on your options. I am guessing you did Series & Differential Equations because that had the lowest boundary while Discrete and Stats needed 48/60 for a 7.

Good guess ;)

I'd just like to know how you know that... based on the other years, or did a teacher tell you for this year?

Good guess ;)

I'd just like to know how you know that... based on the other years, or did a teacher tell you for this year?

Well I had a couple of friends who did series while I did discrete for my option and I remember how they came cringing out of the exam while I thought the paper 3 was by far the easiest of the lot. Yet, we all scored 7s and we had quite similar raw scores for P1 and P2 so we deduced that the series paper must have had a significantly lower boundary.

A little update on my part :yes: My enquiry upon results for my EE came back as a B :D :D :D (initially a D). So I'm now a proud owner of 40 IB diploma points including three core points. The curious thing about the whole matter is that according to my coordinator it wasn't really remarked at all, but instead they had originally made a mistake and now gave me the correct points. I hope it doesn't mean that somewhere someone's grade dropped from B to D. Really goes to show how much you can trust them :blink:

resultsub.jpg

Edited by ocfx
  • Like 3

2011 MAY DANISH A1 SL 5

2011 MAY ENGLISH A2 HL 5

2011 MAY GERMAN B SL 6

2011 MAY HIST.EUROPE/ME HL in ENGLISH 5

2011 MAY HISTORY EE in ENGLISH C

2011 MAY BIOLOGY HL in ENGLISH 4

2011 MAY MATHEMATICS SL in ENGLISH 3

2011 MAY THEORY KNOWL. TK in ENGLISH C

29 points, feels mediocre :/. Contemplating retaking maths and bio. I'll see what my college says.

Does anybody know if these results are final? For danish and english I consistently received 7s in class and my internal assessments were also near perfect. While I acknowledge that the essays I wrote for my exam weren't the best I've written (I was tired/overconfident blah blah blah), I can't believe they could have pulled me down so far.

• 3 weeks later...
My results seem silly compared to yours, but:

Math HL - 5

Physics HL - 5

English B HL - 6

Polish A1 SL - 5

History SL - 5

German B SL - 7

EE (Physics) - C

TOK - C

Total: 34 pts.

Well, I'm not fully satisfied with my results, cause I expected to have a 6 in math and physics. However it's not bad and I still managed to get into the university that I wanted.

What surprised me is my result at TOK and EE - in both of these I had a predicted A. Getting C is not what I would be satisfied with, but luckily it didn't change anything...

I can see what you're talking about! i heard that the average grade for physics in the may 2011 exams was 3.9, so i guess you should congratualate yourself for not falling into the 4 or below grade boundary group.

Edited by Summer Glau
please don't use text speak. thanks!

English A2 HL - 6

Czech A1 HL - 5

History HL - 4

Economics SL - 6

Maths Studies SL - 5

Biology SL - 4

EE (English A2) - C

TOK - D

Total : 30. Which was pretty mediocre, but alas, the university accepted me, and so I got into a UK top 20 university without trying too much.

Edited by mrazakmrazak