Predicted grades and IB grades

HelloooG

Personally I think that mostly people tend to do better than predicted. That said, there were many people in my class who did way worse, e.g. from 37 predicted down to 32.

I was predicted 39-41 points, and I got 43 in the end. In my opinion, the key is not to overestimate yourself and study hard in order to achieve the predicted grades...

What worked for me is that I was so scared to do worse that I ended up receiving more :D Good luck!!!

Last year I took a look at the differences that the actual and the predicted grades had for students at my school who sat the May 2010. Almost all of them had lower actual graded with only a few exceptions. I guess in my school year I will be an exception too because I was predicted a 40 and I ended up with a 42.

Usually this difference comes from students who have been accepted at US universities which have no conditions so they do not really care about the final exams results, but I agree with nonprocrastinator, you should never overestimate yourself based on your predicted grades! Try your best! Good luck! :)

I was predicted 44-45, and I got 42 (May 2011, found out yesterday). I gave up on my SLs because I badly wanted 777s on my HLs, and I got them. What happens most of the time is-

1) Students who've secured admission to the US don't really care about their final result. Some may care about their HLs because HLs=Credit!

2) Similarly, for students who've got conditional offers (like, from the UK), the universities only stress on your HL score (for eg, the condition was 766 for me) and the overall score (eg: 40). Very rarely will you find conditional offers asking for 43,44 or 45. But it is not uncommon to see offers asking for 776 or 777 on your HLs.

So most students would focus on their HLs and settle for 6s on their SLs to get that score in the range of 42-43 and do well on their HLs. That's what I did. Don't know what students who're predicted less than 40 actually do or think.

Cheers!

Edited by Nishad Potdar

With only a few hours until the publishing of results, I have a question for IB UK applicants:

Does IB automatically send their results to UCAS and then the universities? How long does it take? Do we need to send them manually?

in http://ucas.com/students/results/examresults there's a misleading line :

"If your qualification is not below, you're responsible for sending your chosen universities and colleges your results."

Yet IB is on the list, however : "International Baccalaureate (Diploma and Certificate) (if you have agreed)"

Did any of you agreed on anything? How did it all settle?

Thanks! ;*

With only a few hours until the publishing of results, I have a question for IB UK applicants:

Does IB automatically send their results to UCAS and then the universities? How long does it take? Do we need to send them manually?

in http://ucas.com/students/results/examresults there's a misleading line :

"If your qualification is not below, you're responsible for sending your chosen universities and colleges your results."

Yet IB is on the list, however : "International Baccalaureate (Diploma and Certificate) (if you have agreed)"

Did any of you agreed on anything? How did it all settle?

Thanks! ;*

If you have given your IBC all the data of your chosen unis by the end of April (at least in my school it was the end of April), then the IB does it for you. If you have not, you must do it yourself.

[quote name=supercool <3' timestamp='1309952911' post='123069]

what time do the grades come out?? is it the same time all around the globe? I still haven't gotten mine yet :(

The time is different for each school. You must log in and there it's written what time your school's results are published.

Edited by Slovakov

I got 37 and was predicted 38, the point which was missed was from HL german I was predicted 6 and got a 5 :(

Everyone in my school got similar to their predicted grades. Most were about one point below or so though.

Edited by slizzie

Predicted - 42

Actual - 42

I was the only person in my class though who got their predicted grades. In general, everyone got quite a bit less than they expected, which is causing major problems with unis as some missed their insurance choice as well as their firm.

About the UCAS thing - mine doesn't say anything, its exactly the same as after I picked my choices. My IBC said the unis don't have our results yet though so don't expect anything to happen til next week :S

About the UCAS thing - mine doesn't say anything, its exactly the same as after I picked my choices. My IBC said the unis don't have our results yet though so don't expect anything to happen til next week

My IBC said that the unis got the results on wednesday and should update today, however I don't think anyones ucas has changed :S

hey guys! i have a quick question about predicted grades. So is it very important?? Im not applying on predicted grades, well nobody in my school is because nobody has started studying yet (and mocks are on monday..this monday) mainly because of the pressure that was put on us to do our math portfolios, when infact they were only supposed to be given to us next term..this made our co-ordinator mad that our math teachers didnt do what they were supposed to. So now everyone is panicing because now we all think we going to get low predicted grades. I heard that IB looks at predicted scores carefully and if you get a mark higher (much higher) than was predicted, they will mark the paper again and find every single mistake and make sure you got the mark you were predicted???

Im seriously so scared im literally sweating buckets..and its winter.

Help!! ='(

I personally think predicted grades are important only for applying to universities. get your teachers give you high predictions!! when universities look at it, they will be amazed and convinced of your ability to do well academically. well, some unis don't only look at predicted grades, but it's one of the important factors!

but it doesn't play any role in your real grades. no matter how good your predictions are, if you screwed your exams and IAs, you'll still fail!

but with your universities, real grades are just almost as important as predicted grades. if you get conditional offers, when your real grades don't meet your predictions, with some universities you can still beg and appeal to get a place :P

so I think both predictions and real grades are important, but predicted grades are worth fighting for in the case of universities.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...