Is anyone extremely surprised by their exam results?

JoeG

I was absolutely surprised by my score in Biology HL.

I did well on my IAs and Paper 1, but I felt like I failed Papers 2 and 3.

I misread a graph, and accidently read a question too fast and put down a wrong answer for paper 3 lol.

So much to my surprise, I got a 6, when I was expecting a 3 or my predicted grade of 4 lol. Absolute shock.

So, what exam score, good or bad, were you most surprised by? (Including EE and TOK score)

Edited by JoeGuff

I was really surprised that I got a 5 in English A1 SL. All my classmates and teachers thought that I was a solid 6 and perhaps on the border line of 7. The exams didn't go extremely well but I did feel it was satisfactory for a 6 standard. Then, the IOP was a pleasing score and my teacher predicted I'd get a high mark for WL. Only my IOC was slightly disappointing so I have no idea how my 5 came about! :(

Well was I surprised or what :blink: Especially with my EE as it was predicted an A and it received a D. I suspect there has to be some kind of mistake, because a D in psychology is a relatively poor essay. So I'm considering a remark, but the thing is it would only give me one more point since to my surprise again I received an A from TOK (surprised even though I was predicted an A as well). Then there were the english A1 and finnish a1 grades, which were sevens :blush: In a sense not surprising, but for english I really thought I screwed up my WL.

Edited by ocfx

Well was I surprised or what :blink: Especially with my EE as it was predicted an A and it received an D.

I have to agree with you on that, our school doesn't give us our predicted grades because they don't want to conflict with IB's grades.

but I got a D in english and I thought it was at least a C. lol

I was really surprised that I got a 5 in English A1 SL. All my classmates and teachers thought that I was a solid 6 and perhaps on the border line of 7. The exams didn't go extremely well but I did feel it was satisfactory for a 6 standard. Then, the IOP was a pleasing score and my teacher predicted I'd get a high mark for WL. Only my IOC was slightly disappointing so I have no idea how my 5 came about! :(

Hey with a language like English, you never know...but that's pretty harsh.

Same here. I knew getting a 7 would involve a bit of luck but before getting my results yesterday, I was certain of at least a 6 :\

I feel like the English A1's were the most disappointing to a lot of people.

I was kinda of expecting at least a 6, and I got a 5.

I did really well on the mock exams, with 6's and 7's. I thought my exams went well, I wrote a good 9 pages for each paper.

Psh, I want to see my composite scores.

I definitely not extremely surprised by anything!

Ever since finishing the exams whenever I would start thinking about my grade, I used to grab a piece of paper or open a note on my mobile phone & write down the best and worst case scenario for each subject

It went something like this (between brackets is what I actually got):

HL English B 6-7(7)

HL Maths 6-7(6)

HL Physics 6-7(6)

SL Economics 6-7(6)

SL Chemsitry 6-7(6)

SL Arabic A1 5-6(5)

EE- Arabic B-A(A)

TOK-#3 B-A(B)

Bonus 2-3(3)

Total: 37-44 (39)

So nothing I got was totally unexpected it all fell somewhere within my predictions..

But I guess I am kind of surprised by the fact that almost everything fell in the worst case scenario category!

I was expecting to get a 41-42 so I am kind of surprised/disappointed by my overall :(

It would've loved to have been pleasantly surprised by my results though! That would really be incredible!

I feel like the English A1's were the most disappointing to a lot of people.

I was kinda of expecting at least a 6, and I got a 5.

I did really well on the mock exams, with 6's and 7's. I thought my exams went well, I wrote a good 9 pages for each paper.

Psh, I want to see my composite scores.

Haha, I was positively surprised with my English A1 (hl) 7. I thought I screwed up my exams (didn't even start a conclusion for P2 actually) but got thru okay with 24 and 22, miraculously.

Also, 5 in French A2 written task. IA was 7 P1 was 7 P2 was 6, could've gotten a 7 overall. Expected exams to be worse, not the other way around..