missed diploma by 1 point!

I missed the diploma by 1 point! what happens now? I'm accepted for a college in the USA so will they still take me? I am planning to go for regrading and maybe retakes but will a college accept me with no diploma? will having no diploma be a burden on me in the future?

pls reply!!!

You got a diploma from the school also probably (we get gold medallion during graduation, it's out schools honor diploma, then IB is like...extra...). I think the school should still let you in just fine because honestly the IB and the USA don't always get along so even though you didn't get the diploma you should check their admissions site and see if you got credit for any of your scores (usually a 5+ will get you credit).

You should ask for your mark break downs, and if you were really close a higher grade, like you were 1% or 2% off of a 5 in Chemistry SL/HL I would suggest getting a re-mark. That way, if it is re-marked and you end up getting a 5 for example, then you will get your diploma!

• Like 1

Probably not honestly. You have a high school diploma, just not the IB one. And if it's remarked there is no guarantee you'll get another point BUT, if you don't at least you tried, if you do WOO, and if it goes down (it is possible) then it really doesn't change anything. Point to all that was why not? You aren't losing anything but some money and you might gain the diploma which was the whole point for 2 years...

I would assume so. Never dumb to e-mail them to found out though :)

Well there is no "C" in IB except for Tok and the EE, may I ask what college you are going to? Might be able to find some stuff for you.

well im one mark away from a higher grade in English and French, I think I'll reevaluate and since i'm at the higher end of the mark boundary, I cant go down :)

I don't think that you get college credit for EE and TOK in the US, if that's what you were asking. Sorry. :(

But you will for your IB exams. :)

Depending on the University, you'll get college credit for the IB exams you passed.

The higher the score, the better the credit. :)

Also, the credits they give and exams they accept vary by University.

Edited by JoeGuff

You should ask for your mark break downs, and if you were really close a higher grade, like you were 1% or 2% off of a 5 in Chemistry SL/HL I would suggest getting a re-mark. That way, if it is re-marked and you end up getting a 5 for example, then you will get your diploma!

Hey, I have an almost identical problem. just received the breakdown grades, but they don't indicate anything with percentages. How do I know which are the grade boundaries and how many % I missed?

Hey, I have an almost identical problem. just received the breakdown grades, but they don't indicate anything with percentages. How do I know which are the grade boundaries and how many % I missed?

Use last year's. Only 1-2 pts difference usually.

Anyone know where/when IB will release the mark boundaries for May 2011 exams? can't seem to find it...

Anyone know where/when IB will release the mark boundaries for May 2011 exams? can't seem to find it...

ask your IBC. All schools should have recieved it by now.