When are Score breakdowns sent to the IBC?

I wanted to ask the same question :D

What I know is that they take around 10 days after the results but I'm not sure. My IBC will tell us the breakdown though if we want to!

Why again does your IBC not want to give them out?? You definitely have the right to know and your IBC should tell you especially if you plan on sending anything for a remark (so you would only send subjects close to the boundary of the higher level and more likely to be raised)

Personally, I want to know the components any way...I am really curious to know how I did in the different papers and know how high/low my 6s were :)

Good Luck to all of us!!

My school got the score breakdowns this afternoon and they told me that I can go tomorrow morning and get them so I guess the same should happen with every other IB school. When it comes to your IBC that does not want to give them out, you should definitely insist because, as said above, you will want to ask a remark if you are close to the boundary of a higher grade). Good luck anyway and congratulations for getting your diploma :)

• Like 1

So apparently they have arrived already and I already knew mine from my IBC today :)(4 of my subjects are 1% or 2% away from the higher level!! argggggggh)

Maybe you should try asking yours again ;)

GOOD LUCK!!

Oh.. I live in North America though and if I ask again and they haven't arrived, I'll look like a fool.

Edited by God

My IBC has told me that my score breakdowns will be visible at results.ibo.org at my account but there's nothing there apart from my overall score and grades from subjects. She has insisted that she hasn't got grade boundaries and probably she will have them next week but every person can see now their personal scores on their account.

I don't know what to do now;/

My IBC has told me that my score breakdowns will be visible at results.ibo.org at my account but there's nothing there apart from my overall score and grades from subjects. She has insisted that she hasn't got grade boundaries and probably she will have them next week but every person can see now their personal scores on their account.

I don't know what to do now;/

That is not true. You need to contact your IBC for the component grades, they are not released online.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I have a question --- my IBC told me that'd I'd have to pass by my school to get them so I had assumed we get them hardcopy. However right after the IB results were released I went on vacation and just got back a couple of days ago. Then I find out that my IBC won't be back at the school until late august :/ is it possible to ask for my component marks through email from my IBC or will I have to wait that long to receive it in person? (I'm assuming that I can only get my component marks through my IBC and not my school office)

Hey guys I have a question --- my IBC told me that'd I'd have to pass by my school to get them so I had assumed we get them hardcopy. However right after the IB results were released I went on vacation and just got back a couple of days ago. Then I find out that my IBC won't be back at the school until late august :/ is it possible to ask for my component marks through email from my IBC or will I have to wait that long to receive it in person? (I'm assuming that I can only get my component marks through my IBC and not my school office)

I don't think you have to recieve in person. I believe sevenoaks recieve by email. But even if you get in august, deadline for remarks are in september

The exact same thing happened with me, I was travelling the next day so I sent my IBC an email and he replied with my components. The rest of my class though had to call the school administration or go by themselves ( In my case the 'school office' had the components :))

I guess you should try to send you IBC an email or something and ask him.

There is no rule for how to get your components it really is up to your IBC!

Try to find out soon though in case you will remark...

GOOD LUCK!

how detailed are score breakdowns? I mean, e.g. for language A1 what do you get? do you get the overall mark for IOP, IOC, WL, Papers 1 and 2; or do you get the marks for each of those assessment per criterion?

and what about TOK and EE too? per criterion or only like how much out of how much?

how detailed are score breakdowns? I mean, e.g. for language A1 what do you get? do you get the overall mark for IOP, IOC, WL, Papers 1 and 2; or do you get the marks for each of those assessment per criterion?

and what about TOK and EE too? per criterion or only like how much out of how much?

All I knew for each subject was the mark in each paper/IA NOT in each criterion..I saw the paper that was sent from the IBO and this is all what was included. I am not sure about TOK & EE though.

I don't really care about knowing them though. During the IB years I really cared about knowing where exactly I went wrong, what I got in each crietion etc. but when I found out about my overall the only reason I wanted to know the components was to know how close I was to the higher/lower level and once I did that was enough for me (I still found out about what I got in each paper etc. ofcourse)

I know IB graduates (from previous sessions) who never found out about the breakdown at all (simply because they didn't want to!)

I guess after you're done, it doesn't mean as much to you!

What I would like to know actually is not the criteria or any of that but the exact questions I got right/wrong. I would LOVE to take a look at my final exam papers! Its really a shame that you never get to see them :( I still remember some of the questions with incredible detail and it would be amazing to get to know how exactly I did!

I guess I can wait until they are released as past-papers with the markschemes haha :D

I don't think you have to recieve in person. I believe sevenoaks recieve by email. But even if you get in august, deadline for remarks are in september

The exact same thing happened with me, I was travelling the next day so I sent my IBC an email and he replied with my components. The rest of my class though had to call the school administration or go by themselves ( In my case the 'school office' had the components :))

I guess you should try to send you IBC an email or something and ask him.

There is no rule for how to get your components it really is up to your IBC!

Try to find out soon though in case you will remark...

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for your help guys, I did go to my school office and turns out my IBC dropped the component marks off with them before he left.

In case anyone is wondering what exactly you get for your breakdowns, its a single sheet which tells you the mark you got (out of 100) in each subject, then under that the marks you got for each component of that subject (Paper 1, Paper 2, etc), with the number grade of each component beside that (1-7). Quite simple and to the point.

Thanks everybody for your help!