How did the treaty of new echota lead to the expulsion of the Cherokee from the south?

Zigerangoo

Hi this is my first post on Ibsurvival so I really don't know how this works but, I was just wondering if anyone could give me their opinion of my topic: How did the treaty of new echota lead to the expulsion of the Cherokee from the south?

Should I reword it?

Is it too broad?

Should I just trash this idea and start over with a whole new topic?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi this is my first post on Ibsurvival so I really don't know how this works but, I was just wondering if anyone could give me their opinion of my topic: How did the treaty of new echota lead to the expulsion of the Cherokee from the south?

Should I reword it?

Is it too broad?

Hello Zigerangoo,

Welcome to IBS! I do not know much about the topic you wish to do your IA on but I will give you some advice on the use of command terms. With "How" questions, you are exploring the method or sequence of events which lead to another particular event. 'How' questions are usually easy to answer. However, you run the risk of simply giving a historical time line of 'this happened, then this, then this'. It also does not allow for the use of historiography if it was simply a string of events. So only use the 'How' question if there were different ways in which the first event led to the second and there are different interpretations on 'how' A led to B i.e you could divide it into political, economical and social aspects, thus your response would be A led to B by affecting these aspects. If this approach is not feasible, then I would not recommned using a 'How' question. Instead, try using a 'To what extent' (if there is any controvisy over the impact of the Treaty of New Echota)

Edited by Keel
  • Like 2

Should I reword it?

Is it too broad?

Hello Zigerangoo,

Welcome to IBS! I do not know much about the topic you wish to do your IA on but I will give you some advice on the use of command terms. With "How" questions, you are exploring the method or sequence of events which lead to another particular event. 'How' questions are usually easy to answer. However, you run the risk of simply giving a historical time line of 'this happened, then this, then this'. It also does not allow for the use of historiography if it was simply a string of events. So only use the 'How' question if there were different ways in which the first event led to the second and there are different interpretations on 'how' A led to B i.e you could divide it into political, economical and social aspects, thus your response would be A led to B by affecting these aspects. If this approach is to feasible, then I would not recommned using a 'How' question. Instead, try using a 'To what extent' (if there is any controvisy over the impact of the Treaty of New Echota)

Oh my gosh thank you so much! The treaty was a little controversial I suppose so I'll change to something along the lines of: To what extent did the treaty of new echota lead the trail of tears. I'm in the second IB class at my school, and there are only seven of us in total (was 9, but 2 left for dual-enrollment), so the teachers aren't really that much of a help. Gosh I wish I had found this website last year it would have made writing my world lit paper and first itgs paper so much easier! Thanks again!