Missed offer but unconditional anyway? post here!

slizzie

Helloo UK IBers :)

I think, as lots of people have missed their offers and there's a few who got accepted, despite not meeting the conditions, they should post here to give all of us waiting to see some much needed hope!!

I missed my King's College offer by a point and although my sixth form coordinator said it's unlikely I'll still get accepted, I still have some hope!!

Post here if you've missed an offer and still got accepted or waiting to here and we'll give eachother encouragement :D

what course is it for? with fee increase I think you have a good chance as less people will eb able to afford to go to Uni. Especially a london Uni! also my friend missed her offer for UCL maths by 3 points and didn't meet her HL requirements and she got in (mind you 4 years ago) so there is hope indeed.

again what course? the best thing for you to do is call them everday and badger the hell out of them :)

EDIT: actually fee increase is next year so it will actually be quite competitive trying to get a spot on for this year! so I take it back :P

good luck anyway!

It's german and history (I got a 5 in german instead of a 6 >.<) This is the last year of normal feed before 9 grand, so apparently it's supposed to be more competitive. I am thinking about calling but I am scared they'll just say no outright. The school sent them a 'general' letter saying it was our first year, but I doubt that'll help that much.

Well What my friend did was call everyday until they said yes. If they're going to say no they will say it anyway so no point delaying. Usually they defer these things until A-levels results are out. So if a lot of A-levels students miss their spots they'd give priorities out to who missed it by lesS? or something of the sort!

• 1 month later...

I emailed them through myapplications as the contacts page highlighted that if you'd already applied that's the method of communication I should use.. :S

The best way to get through to a university is by ringing them - it'll make you look more enthusiastic than your school/college sending them an email on your behalf. Often universities are a bit lenient about IB grades, as dropping 1 IB point is a lot less significant than dropping a grade at A level. You may well find that because of this they are willing to offer you a place, but you have to look like you want it. If they don't reply until A level results are published don't be discouraged - it's standard form to do that.

Good luck :D