Psychology extended essays

reannei

Ha, not me at least :sadnod: I got an D when predicted an A. What's more interesting is that I entered the same essay into the Finnish Science Academy's essay competition for high school graduates into the IB or international series (which mainly gets extended essays) and I wasn't awarded one of the top 7 places, but I was given excellent feedback or grading (5 on a scale of 1-6) for my essay by two academy professors (university professors in psychology) who reviewed it for the competion. Psychology essays are anyways very rarely awarded, because they usually can't contain any original research, which is what they are looking for. Anyways I got kind of side tracked from my point, which was that my essay in my eyes, my teachers eyes, in the eyes of two university professors, and let's see in my fathers eyes (phD also) was a good essay, but somehow I still managed a D. Either it was my controversial topic of ~REM-sleep cognitive information processing that didn't sit well with examiner or he/she was just doing whatever he/she felt like. Don't really know what to do, if anyone who has finished IB wants to read it and tell me what they think feel free to PM me.

I might just be a lone case, but who knows...

Edited by ocfx

• 1 month later...

Ha, not me at least :sadnod: I got an D when predicted an A. What's more interesting is that I entered the same essay into the Finnish Science Academy's essay competition for high school graduates into the IB or international series (which mainly gets extended essays) and I wasn't awarded one of the top 7 places, but I was given excellent feedback or grading (5 on a scale of 1-6) for my essay by two academy professors (university professors in psychology) who reviewed it for the competion. Psychology essays are anyways very rarely awarded, because they usually can't contain any original research, which is what they are looking for. Anyways I got kind of side tracked from my point, which was that my essay in my eyes, my teachers eyes, in the eyes of two university professors, and let's see in my fathers eyes (phD also) was a good essay, but somehow I still managed a D. Either it was my controversial topic of ~REM-sleep cognitive information processing that didn't sit well with examiner or he/she was just doing whatever he/she felt like. Don't really know what to do, if anyone who has finished IB wants to read it and tell me what they think feel free to PM me.

OMGosh you should've went for a remark! I know a person who got a D but was remarked up to a high high B (like 1 off an A).

Sometimes EE markers are really mean.

OMGosh you should've went for a remark! I know a person who got a D but was remarked up to a high high B (like 1 off an A).

Sometimes EE markers are really mean.

Oh never mind, judging by your signature you did go up to a B!

What a coincidence! I'm happy for youyes.gif