Geographic context?

LegendaryAsian

• 3 weeks later...

Although you have obviously finished by now, (been a bit longer than two days..) I thought I may as well answer this for anyone else who comes looking :)

The first criterion covers your field question and geographic context - so I'm guessing that's what you're refering to. Like said above, it is where it is situated, and anything such as that that will effect your analysis. For example my internal was on the effect of location on coastal geomorphology (gotta love NZ) and so I had to explain the two different locations of my beaches (each side of the country) and also the area found in, eg one was very built up and the other was basically just at a reserve. You want to tell the examiner you know what you are talking about, and that from the get go you have some idea of the factors that influence the location(s).

In internals that are more based on population, while I have no experience in them I would say that what would be needed is explaining the situation of the population, MEDC? LEDC? Small town ? Big city? Main exports? GDP? ALl that kind of relevant thing :)

However you don't want this to be too long, it's stating rather then explaining why as this should come later in your internal, hopefully!

Also, you need to refer to how it relates to the syllabus. You shouldn't have a hard time doing this - if you do, your topic probably isn't very good!! Eg all you would need to say is something along the lines of 'This research question directly corresponds to the content presented in the section... blahblahblah :)

• 2 weeks later...