Shall I take bio SL in my senior year?

mothaa

So I got my IB results back in may, got 6 in History SL which i think is fairly good. But that bloody chemistry SL...I got a 4, not so good.

This Korean university where I am aiming requires a score above 41, and i think it is extremely difficult to achieve it unless I get a 6 or 7 in another subject.

I'm already taking 4HLs and a SL course, and my overall score, according to all the teachers,is likely gonna be around 38, given I submit my chemistry score.

Do you think it's realistic to take bio SL and get 6-7, when im already taking demanding subjects?

Guest Soiboist

Excuse me, I don't understand. Will an extra-certificate actually contribute to your overall score when applying to your Korean university?

• 1 month later...

Agree with the above poster, but to answer to the actual question, I don't know your entire schedule but I do know that if you're good at memorizing, then Biology SL will be really easy, it has a moderate amount of content.

However, with 4 HLs, I'm not too sure..

• 1 month later...

how could you expect getting a 41 with a 4? given you only take 6 subjects, you already missed 4 points from the two subjects you took and so you HAVE to get 7s in all your other subjects and 3 extra points.

retake chemistry or forget your dream to go to that uni.

No desy, what i think e is saying is whether he should do biology and get a better grade, thereby making chemistry just a certificate subject.

Biology is probably doable in just IB2 but with 4HLs already, you dont want to sacrifice other subjects grades just to get through the biology content. A better option would be, as desy suggested, to retake chemistry. Another year would easily help you get your head around the content and it may take up less of your time to achieve say a 6 in it than learning a whole new syllabus. IB2 has enough pressure as it is and you want to do whatever you can to minimise to it, not add to it.

Agree with the posts above. If you're good in memorizing, then you should have no problem in IB Biology, especially, that for some schools, they take Biology, sophomore year. It might still be in your mind.

On the other hand, yes, it will be demanding. Given that you have 4 HLs! By the way, why not consider making one of your HLs, SLs, if you can achieve higher scores in them?

It will help, as well?

It will help us here if you post more info about your situation!

:D