Dropped points - Will my McGill offer be revoked?

butters

McGill asked me to maintain my academic achievements and obtain the diploma. I dropped 6 points so i called them, and they said they will look into it later and inform me. Im applying to mangament by the way.

This is what i got

HL - 5, 5, 6

SL:

English A1 - 4

Spanish Ab Iniitio - 5

Maths SL - 6

Will my offer be revoked or not?

Thanks guys

Edited by Summer Glau
no text speak

Guest PoisonousPumpkin

We can't really know if your offer will be revoked or not, it all depends. If your missed 6 points, the most probable thing is that you'll not be accepted but again, anything can happen.

What are the prerequisites for studying economics in McGill, I can't manage to find the info.

You apply to the Faculty of Management[1]. They request a minimum of 35 points, with a 5 in Mathematics HL or a 6 in Mathematics SL[2].

1: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desautels_Faculty_of_Management

2: http://www.mcgill.ca/applying/standards/ib/

butters: It does not look very promising, as they want 35 points. :( Do you have a back-up plan?

Edited by Sammie Backman

wait guys. the min is 35 points, but that is too get accepted into the program. I was accepted since my predicted was 36 point....but to maintain the offer is different. They asked me to 'maintain my academic achievements and obtain the diploma'. Ive been told by people that i will be fine, but i need to make sure.

thnaks a lot guys :)

What are the prerequisites for studying economics in McGill, I can't manage to find the info.

You apply to the Faculty of Management[1]. They request a minimum of 35 points, with a 5 in Mathematics HL or a 6 in Mathematics SL[2].

1: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desautels_Faculty_of_Management

2: http://www.mcgill.ca/applying/standards/ib/

butters: It does not look very promising, as they want 35 points. :( Do you have a back-up plan?

Thank you! 6 In math SL? GOD DAMMIT. Wish me luck!

• 3 months later...

Unfortunately you need at least 33 points to get into McGill's art program. You're missing the minimum prerequisite by one point. However, I really think achieving this extra point is something you can do if you study a lot for your final exams

Thank you! But doesn't McGill consider base on my predicted grades? IF i do get 33+ on my final exams, would it be any help?

Unfortunately you need at least 33 points to get into McGill's art program. You're missing the minimum prerequisite by one point. However, I really think achieving this extra point is something you can do if you study a lot for your final exams

Thank you! But doesn't McGill consider base on my predicted grades? IF i do get 33+ on my final exams, would it be any help?

This is correct which is stupid since McGill values predicted grades more than actual grades.

You could be predicted low and score high. Ex Predicted 32 score 36

or you could be predicted high and score low. Ex predicted 36 score 30

Mcgill would prefer the latter

This is correct which is stupid since McGill values predicted grades more than actual grades.

OK thank you very much!

Can you change majors in the first year in McGill? Or can you only change majors the second year? I'm interested in going to McGill but because my grades aren't very good, i'm worried, even though i'm applying to other Canadian universities.

Is Dietetics and Nutrition hard to get into? - That's my second choice.

Sorry for all of my questions. I'm not sure about a few things. Thank you!

• 1 month later...

OK thank you very much!

Can you change majors in the first year in McGill? Or can you only change majors the second year? I'm interested in going to McGill but because my grades aren't very good, i'm worried, even though i'm applying to other Canadian universities.

Is Dietetics and Nutrition hard to get into? - That's my second choice.

Sorry for all of my questions. I'm not sure about a few things. Thank you!

Yes you can change majors at McGill in first year. The problem is that McGill gives you first-year (U0) credit for IB HL courses; and you are forced to take it. That means that you get pushed up to second year (U1) automatically, where it becomes harder to change your major.

The lowest grades for admission into dietetics and nutrition at McGill for September 2011 was 30 points with at least a 5 in each math and science. If you have 2-3 points higher than the minimum requirement, you should get in since McGill only considers your grades.

This link has the IB admission standards for McGill: http://www.mcgill.ca...g/standards/ib/