Biology EE - Too little?

monkbear

For my extended essay I chose biology as my subject but I'm starting to reconsider it now, seeing as how little information I can extract from biology experiments. Would changing my subject to chemistry be a better idea? I could get into the mathematics and be more in depth much easier but I don't know if it's too late though. If so, how would you propose an biology experiment which I can extract lots of information from? I was thinking about doing something about debunking food myths........

If you have not really put a dent into your EE, and you think that changing it to another class would be easier, then I think you should go for it, as you won't be loosing much. A EE in any of the classes in Group 4 is always more challenging. It is much harder to produce a well written EE, but it is still nonetheless do-able! If the sciences are your forte, then go for it! And also, your EE will require much of your time, so make sure you are working on something you at least enjoy! :)

I really think that talking to your IB coordinator is your best bet. But before you do, to help you come up with your own game plan, read some sample EEs on the classes you wish to switch EE to. So read some sample Chemistry EEs, and Math EEs. Even some Biology EEs, what the heck! Maybe it'll help you see where your EE stands amongst the sample ones :)

I hope this helps!! And good luck!!

Edited by egr12resa