Retake to get the IB diploma

BI Duck

Hi!

So I recently got the news that my friend failed the IB because he missed the 28 points after getting an E on his EE... I wanted to ask: What procedure do you have to follow in order to get the IB diploma after failing the EE?

He passed all of his other topics (including the TOK Essay).

Hmm I think he is able to completely retake class (for exmaple retaking p1 p2 and p3 of chem) exams, however his/her IA stuff will be stuck where it is. You didn't mention the score so he'she will need to retake enough exams to hit the 28 mark. I don't think they will let anyone redo an EE. You can also have the EE remarked and hope for a D at least (assuming the 24 mark was met)

Edited by Drake Glau

Hmm I think he is able to completely retake class (for exmaple retaking p1 p2 and p3 of chem) exams, however his/her IA stuff will be stuck where it is. You didn't mention the score so he'she will need to retake enough exams to hit the 28 mark. I don't think they will let anyone redo an EE. You can also have the EE remarked and hope for a D at least (assuming the 24 mark was met)

Thanks for the info, I think he might not want to repeat them U.U, but it's good to know!

Can always just remark the EE then, it'll cost, but he doesn't have to do anything but hope for a D+

The grading of the EE can vary by quite a bit depending on the grader because the rubrics for all the writing is rather vague in my opinion. Just look at the ToK essay rubric for a perfect example =/

Edited by Drake Glau

Can always just remark the EE then, it'll cost, but he doesn't have to do anything but hope for a D+

The grading of the EE can vary by quite a bit depending on the grader because the rubrics for all the writing is rather vague in my opinion. Just look at the ToK essay rubric for a perfect example =/

Someone in my school also did that, but his grade remained the same..

But it can always be an option! Good luck!