Remarking dilemma

n0urhan

IAs cannot get remarked, unless something has changed with IB regulations... and congrats on the Chemistry going up.

I didn't know that IAs don't get remarked!! My Arabic orals were cruelly downgraded so my hope was really based on them...

Thank you! :)

Yeah they don't unfortunately. In the physics I mentioned before, my class's IA was moderated down 10 points (since the teacher was an easy marker and a bad sample was chosen from the class) - so I obviously I wanted my IAs to get remarked (and found out it was not possible). Anyways, things turned out well either way for my physics and hopefully your Arabic remark does too.

Soooo...in case anyone is interested hehe :D

Chemistry went up after the remark! It is a 7 now :)

I don't know about the others still...

Chemistry was the one I was expecting to go up the least so I am extremely happy!

Remarking was NOT a bad idea after all!

Out of curiosity, how long did it take for them to get back to you?

IAs cannot get remarked, unless something has changed with IB regulations... and congrats on the Chemistry going up.

I didn't know that IAs don't get remarked!! My Arabic orals were cruelly downgraded so my hope was really based on them...

Thank you! :)

Yeah they don't unfortunately. In the physics I mentioned before, my class's IA was moderated down 10 points (since the teacher was an easy marker and a bad sample was chosen from the class) - so I obviously I wanted my IAs to get remarked (and found out it was not possible). Anyways, things turned out well either way for my physics and hopefully your Arabic remark does too.

My Arabic went up too thankfully! I really wasn't expecting it :D

I still think that the fact that IAs don't get remarked is a major unfairness thoug! Especially since IAs are really the component most likely to be inaccurately marked due to samples being taken and all.

I'm glad everything still turned out good at end :)

Soooo...in case anyone is interested hehe :D

Chemistry went up after the remark! It is a 7 now :)

I don't know about the others still...

Chemistry was the one I was expecting to go up the least so I am extremely happy!

Remarking was NOT a bad idea after all!

Out of curiosity, how long did it take for them to get back to you?

It took around 10 days for them to get back to me (to be accurate..8 days for Chemistry, 10 for Arabic, 11 for Economics :D :D). But then it really depends on when you send them and what the subject is and how many other people sent this subject to be remarked.

GOOD LUCK with your remark if you've requested/or plan on requesting one!

It took around 10 days for them to get back to me (to be accurate..8 days for Chemistry, 10 for Arabic, 11 for Economics :D :D). But then it really depends on when you send them and what the subject is and how many other people sent this subject to be remarked.

GOOD LUCK with your remark if you've requested/or plan on requesting one!

Hey, I have in fact requested one for my EE, but I'm wondering how did you get your remarked results; from results.ibo.org or from your IB-coordinator? It's been two weeks for me already (of course it can take longer) and nothing has changed (it may be that it has been remarked to receive the same grade though)? There really isn't any info on the internet so if anyone knows I'm really happy to hear it :D

Thanks.

Hey, I have in fact requested one for my EE, but I'm wondering how did you get your remarked results; from results.ibo.org or from your IB-coordinator? It's been two weeks for me already (of course it can take longer) and nothing has changed (it may be that it has been remarked to receive the same grade though)? There really isn't any info on the internet so if anyone knows I'm really happy to hear it :D

Thanks.

My IBC sent me an email as soon as he found out. I belive the IB sends him an email as soon the result comes out...

I checked the IBO website after that to see it for myself but then you can't really use that to find out because the grade as you said can stay the same.

Email your IBC and ask him/her about it, but really he/she should inform you straight away when they find out because you really have no other way to know...

I have a question though, wouldn't your bonus marks remain the same (2/3) even if your EE goes from a D to a C..why did you request a remark in the EE and not for another subject in which you got a 6 or 5?

Any way...GOOD LUCK with your remark :D (who knows..maybe your EE would even go up from a D to a B :D )

Edited by n0urhan
  • Like 1

Thanks.

My IBC sent me an email as soon as he found out. I belive the IB sends him an email as soon the result comes out...

I checked the IBO website after that to see it for myself but then you can't really use that to find out because the grade as you said can stay the same.

Email your IBC and ask him/her about it, but really he/she should inform you straight away when they find out because you really have no other way to know...

I have a question though, wouldn't your bonus marks remain the same (2/3) even if your EE goes from a D to a C..why did you request a remark in the EE and not for another subject in which you got a 6 or 5?

Any way...GOOD LUCK with your remark :D (who knows..maybe your EE would even go up from a D to a B :D )

Ha, yea you are right about the bonus points, but I guess I'm doing it because I was only 2 points off a C and it will look better and won't cost me anything if it changes (or at least so I've understood, but even if it does cost me something I don't mind). The main reason was actually that my supervisor with almost ten years of experience in the IB diploma programme has never predicted a grade so wrong A -> D and we both think that it was marked incorrectly or unfairly.

EDIT: Thanks for the info though. I'll wait for my coordinator to contact me.

Edited by ocfx

Ha, yea you are right about the bonus points, but I guess I'm doing it because I was only 2 points off a C and it will look better and won't cost me anything if it changes (or at least so I've understood, but even if it does cost me something I don't mind). The main reason was actually that my supervisor with almost ten years of experience in the IB diploma programme has never predicted a grade so wrong A -> D and we both think that it was marked incorrectly or unfairly.

EDIT: Thanks for the info though. I'll wait for my coordinator to contact me.

hmmm, I find it very strange when that happens, the same happened with our arabic IA. My teacher is also experienced in IB and his predictions are usually spot on but somehow we all went down 5 marks!! & with IA we couldn't even get it remarked!

The IB really screws up at times :S

Yes it shouldn't cost you anything if gets upgraded :)

Good Luck, I really hope your EE grade goes up!