two questions in one?

IB 2012

hey everyone,

is it okay if my question has like two parts; to what extent do doctors in berlin price discriminate and how does this affect the treatment of the average patient?

or will I loose marks for doing so?

My other question is that I do not really get what to write for what extent . What I am doing right now is that I am analyzing the conditions for price discrimination to take place and seeing whether these apply to doctors. I have found that they do and that doctors do price discriminate but I am stuck on the to what extent part.

COuld anyone please help?

THanks!!!!

i dont see why you cant..=) It could be your research question..just make sure that it is not too broad. I think your topic is quite good=) but thats my opinion..sadly im not an expert.

On your question on "to what extent" you could change the word to "to what degree" just for your understanding while writing the paper. It could make life a hell of a lot easier. Or in other words it could also be telling you to compare and contrast. Not so sure if this is right but it could also be telling you to look at the advantages and disadvantages...just check on that part yea because im not so sure.

By the way, what subject are you writing your paper in?? i cant seem to put my finger on what subject you're writing in.

anyway..good luck!! =)

Edited by Jaymi

I'm not sure but you can still elaborate both aspects without having to mention two questions in your title/RQ. and anyway your second question is not really economical. I'm afraid this is a bit narrow to okay but it's actually a good topic. my friend wanted to do hers on this too but she dropped to certificate so....

on the other hand though, your EE is too broad as you are investigating Berlin which is too big to discover. you should narrow it down to a small city or maybe just a small area in the city, or even one hospital only. but be careful the disease must be exactly the same otherwise it's not a price discrimination.

@Jaymi it's an economics EE :)