Need Some Help! Remarking Problem...

Taigan

Hello IBS,

So, I recently got my grade breakdown. I found that in the following subjects I was close to the higher boundary:

French B SL - 1 mark away from a 7.

TOK - 2 marks away from an A.

I'd really like some perspective based on whether I should remark these two subjects. While French is a language it's still pretty objective based on the way it is marked, so I'm not sure how much that can help. With TOK, I was predicted an A by my teacher but I'm not so sure I deserve it. I mean, I'm hesitating to remark only because it's so much money, so I'd really appreciate if anyone could help me. Anyone with previous experience with remarking? What do you think?

I dont have any experience with remarking..im still to take my exams..but my co-ordinator said that if you want a remark you have to think it through carefully, go over what you want remarked, for example your TOK..and see whether its worth it..like you said..its expensive..and i agree 100% Once you've read through it..go through the assessment criteria and decide whether It deserves an A..if it does.. go for it :D

Also..about your french..since you were one mark away from a 7..you could get it remarked..but if you've already got accepted into the university of your choice..then you dont really need it remarked do you? Unless the unversity you want to go requires a 7 at SL..(which i seriously doubt that is the case).

Think it through carefully before you make a decision=) you dont want to cost your parents money when you might get the same result back..or even worse..a lower mark o.O