What is the New Language Sylabus?

You're lucky with language B, we're lucky with lang A. :D And, to be honest, I prefer having Polish Lang&Lit rather than Lit only and have a bit more difficult English for I hate Polish (as a subject) and love English. Anyways, if you're a 2012, you have nothing to worry about. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think Literature is rather similar to what it was like in previous years though I'm not quite sure since my school is only going to offer Lang&Lit. I know a bit about Lang&Lit, but not that much. I know there are going to be less books to read (like, a lot less) and a lot of learning about language, like language of media, etc., a bit connected to TOK. It's supposed to be easier and hell more interesting. :D

EDIT

Found a comparison table, I don't know how reliable it is, but here it is: http://blogs.triplealearning.com/2011/01/diploma/dp_english/how-do-english-a1-and-language-a-language-and-literature-compare/

Edited by Gaby
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Not sure how they've changed the orals, but I know that IB has added a literature component for the HL students starting in 2011. (For 2013 exam candidates.)

@Gaby: I think the table is pretty reliable, if you look at the older posts the teachers running the blog are English lit and A2 teachers, who were taking courses about Lang/Lit.