NYU Grades?

Elegant Poodle

Hey Sneha the acceptance rate for NYU is 38%. The following are the SAT scores:

SAT Critical Reading: 610 - 710

SAT Math: 630 - 740

SAT Writing: 620 - 720

For more information you could always look through NYU's page on collegeboard.org :)

Hello!

But according to a website, NYU does not take SATs scores. As in it is not compulsory if i have my SAT subject test score and IB marks.

And what is the IB marks required to get into NYU?

Hmm well the IB statistics show that in 2010, 51% of IB applicants to NYU got accepted. The average score was 38.7. Also, I'm pretty sure you're required to take the SAT's for NYU.

check this website out

This this the list of all US universities that do not require SAT 1 scores instead they will take something else.

If you go right to the botton, there will be a legend found where there are about 10 -15 universities that "SAT/ACT not required if submit SAT Subject Test, Advancement Placement, Int'l Baccalaureate or other exams"

http://fairtest.org/university/optional

• 1 month later...

I just noticed this thread, and got a bit concerned for a second. Sure you do not need SAT I necessarily, but then you must have THREE Subject Test Scores. You said "SAT subject test score" so I just wanted to check that you've taken 3 of them? Moreover, keep in mind that one test must be in literature or the humanities, one in math or science, and one must be non-language.

Hopefully you know all this, but if you didn't then at least now you do.

As for IB Scores, depends on which school at NYU you are considering. GPA is said to be more important.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Guys, I was nominated for NYU AD but my grades are not that High.

I am getting like a 28 but I take 3 sciences: ESS, Chemistry and Biology. The last two as HL's.

I take English HL, ESS SL, Arabic SL, Math SL.

I am in MUN, Student Council, I have volunteered at countless places as well.

I do loads of sports, my CAS is rather diverse

I got 4 recommendation letters but the problem is I have a feeling I won't get in

Also, I know people who got in with 24 and 26 as well as 28...

what do you think