Bio EE - too simple?

ibkillsme_May2012

Hi

I started off with a business EE, and I'm beginning to realize that it is extremely hard to attain top marks in a business EE and I am considering switching to a bio EE. Before I contact my supervisor and EE coordinator about switching, I want to be certain that I will be making the right decision by switching.

The bio EE I am considering doing is this:

Topic: A study of the effect of differing temperatures on the growth of Phaseolus vulgaris

Research question: How is the growth of Phaseolus vulgaris affected by the temperature of the water used to water the plant?

Approach: Sixty individual plants are kept under the same conditions, with the independent variable being water. Six groups of ten plants each are watered with temperature at 0, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 degrees celsius respectively. The height of the plant is measured daily for X days, and associated qualitative data is recorded. This is then compared with published values and analyzed accordingly.

As I have not had any communication with a bio EE supervisor, I really don't know anything about it. Is this a suitable topic for a Bio EE? And if yes, any additional suggestions? If no, any suggestions for other EEs? Any help is much appreciated.

my first suggestion: TALK to your supervisor. <-- very important!

do you realise that the plant you are using is the same as one example in the EE guide? I'm not saying that it should be avoided, but it might be seen like you are not creative enough to research and find another plant.

it's not bad methinks. it's focused. I'm not that good at biology though (or I could say that I suck at it!) so I don't know if it's too narrow or just okay.

my first suggestion: TALK to your supervisor. <-- very important!

do you realise that the plant you are using is the same as one example in the EE guide? I'm not saying that it should be avoided, but it might be seen like you are not creative enough to research and find another plant.

it's not bad methinks. it's focused. I'm not that good at biology though (or I could say that I suck at it!) so I don't know if it's too narrow or just okay.

The only problem is that I'm not sure about whether I'll need to change or not, the situation is really complicated. But I'll probably contact my supervisor and coordinator tomorrow.

And YES haha I got the idea from the EE guide, but you make a good point, I should probably change the plant.

Thanks for the comment.