An IB Certificates chances...

Trotsky

Hey guys,

Just wondering - does anyone have any idea of the university outlook on IB certificate? I choose to take it not because I can't take diploma but because I wanted the freedom of class choice in certificate. I get good grades, 6 in both my two (certificate only does two) highers and assortment of 5s and 6s in my standards.

Really? I am sure most universities in Canada offer credits for all HL 5 and over regardless of whether ot not you are a diploma candidate. Queen's does definitely does for most courses with the exception of a few, and I know that U of T and Waterloo do. U of T specififcally said that they would me more pleased with an applicant who scored very well in certificate courses, and received good grades in their other core classes than a diploma recipient whose final score was mediocre.

well i acan only talk about US Unis... but they will gove you college credit at some schools here. i know that for IVYs that they want really high scores (6s and 7s usually) for the to give you college credit. but if you go to the schools website and seacher IB it should tell you how they accept it.

i am one credit short of being a sophmore next year in college when iti s my first year just because of IB... i am also getting $5000 US per year just for reciving the diaploma (sry to brag... but that is just under half a year of expenses so i am happy :yes: )

it also shows that you didn't slack off in high school to american unis... you took the harest possible class that you could take.