English Extended Essay Question help

Alvin Kwesiga

Nothing is right until you start your research and then the focus of your question narrows down on its own. I suggest that if you have a general theme of your topic in mind, start reading through both texts you've chosen, go through them in detail and find your quotes and supporting points. Look into several academic papers written on the books and what those academics have to say about your topic. Read and learn as much as you can around the theme you've picked and then the manner in which you want to phrase your essay and indeed the topic itself will be elucidated. Its just a matter of doing the work. Worrying about the topic itself will get you nowhere until you know what you're dealing with.

nice!! i also did "Frankenstein" by Mary Shelley=D its a FANTASTIC book=) and don't worry, you'll be fine, since you've actually found a research question just proves that you're not lost. I agree with everyone else, try not to make it too narrow, and also try not to make it too broad.

I have one tip: while you're reading the books and since you know what your research question is, jot down quotes from the books on a fresh piece of paper including the page number, this will help you ALOT when it comes to actually typing up the first draft, it will also make your life a hell of alot easier. (Make sure every single paragraph has a quote from one of the books or both.)

good luck!