How and to what extent does the Hollywood film industry influence its analogous in India, the Bollywood film industry?

aw10mabu

I spent most of the summer studying for the SAT.and now a month left.

I'm doing my EE on English B. I kinda thought about the o topic but still need to organize my thoughts for the research question.

I'm interested of doing my EE on the influence of Hollywood on Bollywood. but I find it too broad for investigation.

"How and to what extent does the Hollywood film industry influence its analogous in India, the Bollywood film industry?"

obviously the influence seems too common. so I thought that narrowing my investigation to the influence by the factor of the emigration.

can somebody help me??!!!

any suggestions ???!!!

You're right in saying that the investigation is too broad and you need something a lot more particular. If you plan on narrowing down on a factor, you need to decide which. Secondly, if this is going to be based on English, you need to explain how this is an English topic and not a film topic. What literary aspect are you investigating? Scripts? Story lines? Cultural crossovers and how they are bridged? Is there a westward trend in Bollywood culture? Compare some obvious movies like Karan Johar's We Are Family and Chris Columbus' Stepmom, David Dhavan's Partner with Andy Tenant's Hitch, Anees Bazmee's Pyar to Hona hi Tha with Lawrence Kasdan's French Kiss, or even Sagar Ballary's Bheja Fry inspired from Francis Veber's French film Le Dîner de Cons? Or maybe talk about particular Indian culture and how it fuses with differing environments with movies like The Namesake, Bend it Like Beckham, Bride and Prejudice, Mistress of Spices, Brick Lane, Monsoon Wedding, and maybe even Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham when they showed American/British-Indian life, although the last one had it only in the second half. There are a number of avenues to explore and because it is English, you need to remember that there has to be a literary focus at the end of it all, otherwise your EE will fail for English B.

If you need help organising your thoughts, these are some of the questions you need to start with, and then maybe even read about traditional Indian films like Mother India and Padosan and how they were inspired by the Lumiere Brothers. You need to understand that in order to do this topic justice, it will involve a lot of research and you need to choose your specific topic very carefully. Undeniably, it's a very interesting one, but you need to have a better idea of what you're doing and how it relates to English.

Edited by Arrowhead
  • Like 1