I need an answer real quick

Aight, i have to give in my eco portfolio..the thing is, i have one commentary on module 2&4, one on module 3 and one on module 4..

i was wondering if, for my fourth commentary, i can take one from module 2 because if i do that then i will still be using stuff from three modules, or do i have to take my last one form module 5?

please reply asap, i gotta submit this real soon..

I believe that 3 out of the 4 commentaries must be on different sections. I've done 2 commentaries so far, one each on section 1 and 2. Your last commentary can overlap with others but I'm not sure because technically you haven't done 3 separate commentaries, because your first one overlaps with section 4 :P.

I would ask your teacher to clarify.

If you do a commentary that overlaps with say 2&3, it doesn't count as doing it in both 2 AND 3. I can't remember the amount of how the modules go, but in your portfolio you basically want to have one thats STRICTLY Microeconomics, one STRICTLY Macroeconomics, one from Dev/Int'l Economics and then one that's your free choice (in your portfolio this is the one that combines 2&4)

Yes, you can choose to do your last IA in microeconomics and since you haven't done it yet, I recommend you to do so. According to our teacher, your portfolio isn't considered very serious if you lack a commentary on Microeconomics. Also, according to her, it should be something related to the Theory of the Firm (assuming that you are HL).

• 5 months later...

I highly recommend you do your last IA on Development Economics. The examiners will basically frown upon your portfolio if it does not contain a development commentary. It is even mentioned in the new refined Economics syllabus that students generally skip section 5 which they are now making impossible. Then again you probably already finished your portfolio by now...