Internal assessment

JeffTLPA

I'm obviously an IB student, (like everyone else here), and am in the middle of my internal assessment. One of the problems I am having is that my teacher is so very limited on what she is allowed to tell us is wrong that I don’t actually know what to fix. So I was wondering if there are any specific things you shouldn't, Ie: use first person, future tense, ECT... Also another part I'm having trouble with is naming variables, what is the difference between the name and the description and operational definition.

generally speaking, you want to try and avoid using first person in the IA. use something along the lines of "the experimenters" or "the researchers" or something. at least, that's what my psych teacher tells me. it sounds really dorky when you replace "I" with that, but......yeah.

also, i was told that the IA should be written in the past tense.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks it is due tomarrow so i'll be up pretty late i was last night till 3am and fell asleep working on it and still have alot to do

I'm happy to say that I finished my report by 11ish and was just up for an extra hour keeping my friend awake but otherwise as of 1400est today I shall be done with my IA then I just have the EA to do.