Sign in to follow this  

Presentation help :(

Guest LauraheartsLife

So my ToK presentation is in a week and I was thinking of doing either: the suicides in Bridgend - did the media coverage make the situation worse? (or something along those lines) or something about the hypocrisy of stereotyping. But the only thing is I have no idea of how to start or even if my topics are good. My tok teacher is useless D=

Any help would be greatly appreciated

The hardest part is always to start. I remember how hard it was to start everything, the tok essay, presentation, ee and etc. It was just that little step because once you taken it, things flowed out automatically.

Now I know you're in short of time but I really first recommend that before you choice your topic - research each of them. Be critical. Think of what the knowledge issues you can deal with. What are the real-life situations? What kind of examples can you bring up and discuss? What views/perspectives/approaches are there? How can you incorporate the WOK and AOK? Once you have done that, choice the one you feel you have the most material in or at least the one you feel 'best' in. Once you've done your research, there is usually a preference.

When you've chosen, do the outline and write out the presentation. I think the ideas you have right now are adequate. You can really make something very good out of it if you do it in the ToK-ish way. The suicide is rather recent and that has its pros and cons but there you have a definite real-life situation. The hypocrisy is also good but remember then that you will need to form a question, define hypocrisy and stereotyping and find a good real-life situation.

Good luck!

Edited by Afterglow

Guest LauraheartsLife

=D thank you

And yes it I did leave it a bit late but I started the essay they day before it was due in and still got a good grade so it should all be good

And I think I might just do about whether suicide in general could ever be justified because I am still kinda stuck for stuff to say about the others

Guest LauraheartsLife

HAAA I have changed my mind yet again with 2 days to go

I think I will do the inevitability of stereotyping and I am going to talk about what happened to Sophie Lancaster.

I will talk about how our intuition forces us to stereotype things because if we have a bad experience with a group of people then we stereotype all people like them as being like that.

I think I will do the inevitability of stereotyping and I am going to talk about what happened to Sophie Lancaster.

I will talk about how our intuition forces us to stereotype things because if we have a bad experience with a group of people then we stereotype all people like them as being like that.

I think you can do well with that topic, though you want to make sure you're really clearly looking at the issue through the WoKs and AoKs; emotion, reason, and perception jump to mind with stereotyping. Oh, another good example you could use is the 2 recent teenage athletes who collapsed of heart attacks recently. I believe they were both Canadian, one from Nova Scotia and the other from Ontario I think. Anyways, what happened was that immediately everybody on blogs and forums and stuff decided that steroid use was the cause of their heart attacks. I'm not sure what the results of the autopsies were, but if you could find info on those stories it would definitely be useful for you.

Guest LauraheartsLife

Thanks for the help =D

And I couldn't help but notice your picture, I do taekwondo and I am possibly thinking about starting Judo when I go to uni