November 2008 May 2009 Title 2

benthis1no

• 3 weeks later...

CHEM_KID: Sorry Ivan91, but benthis1no is asking too much and you're answering. Hence the reason I've edited out what you said. Oh and bethis1no, please, please stop making partial sentences that all end in "......." It makes your posts difficult to read. Thanks. :P

Edited by chem_kid
You can't just ask other people to do your thinking for you. Yes anyone can help you, but only one person should help you - yourself. Give us something about your progress, your ideas; ask for feedback, not answers.

Cam, asking for ideas is fine as long as they don't ask for full essays. For example me and Hien have a few essay outlines in the essay outlines thread :P and they're full of ideas hun! the IBO won't say anything about sharing ideas for essay topics :) I've shared quite a few myself on TSR and haven't got panelized for it. It isn't the smartest thing to ask for, as your essay will lose its originality, but it's not something banned on the forum :) please don't edit out any other useful advice :P

• 1 month later...

i was planning on doing that question but changed my mind =P what i was going to do was write each sense and how it can be tricked or decieved and the fallacies each one has. oh and more importantly i would define truth and how we can obtain it, because to an extent it is limited to each persons perception... which means senses are very important in forming our understanding, because in the end it is the best way of knowing there is (my conclusion) =) hope this helps!

Guest Lily Bean

I think the important keyword in this question is 'when'. So you'd have to provide example of when you should do trust your senses and when you should not. It's not a question of whether you should trust your senses to give you truth. But you could also argue that in all cases there are other ways of knowledge involved, maybe reason, rather than wholly just senses - this could give your essay depth.