Objectives and Aspirations

dessskris

objectives:

Long term: survive IB and hope i make it out alive, get a good IB grade and get a good uni.

Short term: finish studying for my psychology test but i'm procrastinating since i'm on here :P, finish King Lear and my EE and TOK essay.

Aspirations:

Long term: to open up my own orphanage for animals and children. learn to cook and travel the world.

I hope to achieve all of these XD

Long Term: Finish IB, get into a really good university, learn some programming, become fluent at french, become fluent at bengali, learn another language, learn to play piano again, and get good grades in university (yes, this may all take a while :P)

Short Term: Finish my summer TOK assignment, think about my TOK essays, Finish my WL1 and WL2, finish my EE, revise chemistry before school starts, make chemistry and bio notes to prepare for this year, and fully update my CAS which I've been procrastinating on (this may take all take a while too :()

Long term: be a happy, generous and free person who can indulge themselves in the beautiful things and beautiful places and experiences that the world has to offer without hinderance and do things in life only because they are right and just, and not for any other reason or thanks to any other pressure. For this you need nothing more than money, human decency, a job where you can help people become free themselves (in my case, hopefully free from), open-mindedness... and a passport ;)

Also I'd like to learn some Italian and try to advance my Spanish to become a little closer to a basic fluency. I'd really love to be somewhat bilingual as I think that being able to tap into a second culture without the huge barrier of language would add a great deal of richness and depth to life. I love the way the Spanish and Italians live, so if there's any culture I'd like to appreciate it's those.

Short term: finish packing to go on holiday, attempt to stay patient despite certainty of forthcoming interpersonal conflict and generally attempt (potentially fail due to impatience...) to be the better person. Not get lost, kidnapped or otherwise harmed and also miraculously become a genius in Immunology before term starts. The last of these is unlikely to happen!

• Like 1

To become a expert in Neuroscience, Neural Engineering, and Neurology, and work to guide our progress toward technological singularity to a scenario that benefits humanity.

Or to become a philosopher who uses the science of psychology to provide a foundation for morality and meaning that can guide man in his inevitable future state as a nihilist.

First one actually seems more plausible.

Long term: Graduate with good grades. Be happy with a happy family of my own, and making sure it stays that way with adequate income, from a good (legal) job. Raising children to be great people :D And find a true friend. And learn how to break dance, acrobatics or some type of extreme physical art. Keep learning things that interest me, stay healthy, and do the things I want.

Short term: Get some rest and start opening myself even more to people, study harder and acquire better work habits.

Gotta keep in mind that if I want my life to change, I have to change things in my life. <<<(laws of attraction) XD

• Like 1

Long term: Graduate, get into my dream university, get into a good pharmacy school, get a good job, get married and have a nice family. I want to have a huge aquarium in my house with all kinds of tropical fish it in, and have two siamese cats and a parakeet. I want to learn several languages as well, and be able to travel all over the world and hopefully have the chance to speak in one of those languages. I've never really traveled before, and it's something I've always wanted to do. I want to go everywhere.

Short term: Get adjusted to waking up early again for school, finish my summer assignments, pass the quiz on The Bell Jar when I get back to school, finish university applications

Long term: Do well in IB and go out with a bang. Have fun in life. Get into an awesome university and study physiology =D. Have fun in life. Learn more French/other languages. Have fun in life. Settle down somewhere. Have fun in life. Visit the north of Canada, Europe, Asia, or anywhere as long as it's far up north. Have fun in life. Do everything I want to do before I get too old and senile. Have fun in life.

Short term: Get a topic for my EE, start packing for my cabin trip this weekend, attempt to remember everything I learned in IB1 that was forgotten over 2.5 months of summer (sadly not happening).