Sign in to follow this  

Getting into Columbia University

Hey guys. I'm dead set on getting into Columbia University, and just wanted to know what people know about admissions. I want to double major in International Law and East Asian Studies.

First of all, read this post for detailed discussion on Ivy League schools and advice for admissions into them (including Columbia of course).

Secondly, as one Law student to another potential Law student: International Law is the silliest, most obsolete, most frustrating branch of Law, if you can call it Law at all. There is no Law in that subject, only legislation, which is meaningless and cannot be enforced. I too believed that International Law was very interesting, then I attended a few regular and guest lectures at LSE, let me just say, I was disillusioned like you cannot imagine. Do not, I repeat, do not consider International Law ever because you start out with the best of intentions, only to realise that it was idealism and there is no system nor mechanism in place at all for any form of useful International Law.