Presentation on Ethics or Human Sciences

Pinkie54

First of all, the presentation should be about knowledge issue. A topic that is discussed under one area of knowledge is not a knowledge issue.

So if you want to have a topic, that topic should be discussed under two areas of interaction. so if you r interested in ethics and science choose a knowledge issue that can be discussed under the both areas.

I cann't give you a full idea because it should be yours, but look for something like stem cells, cloning or GM (genetically modified).

A topic that is discussed under one area of knowledge is not a knowledge issue.

So if you want to have a topic, that topic should be discussed under two areas of interaction. so if you r interested in ethics and science choose a knowledge issue that can be discussed under the both areas.

This is wrong. Please see: A knowledge issue can be discussed across AoKs or specified on a particular AoK

just an idea, don't know if you can develop this into a KI or not: is it ethical to eat meat?

That is an ethical question, not a epistemological question so it cannot be considered a knowledge issue.

I've decided to make my presentation about shoplifting and it being ethical or not. I'm just not sure how to word this into a knowledge issue.

Please have a look at the websites below. There is a difference between analysing whether something is ethical or not and analysing the process in which knowledge is generated. Its very hard to simply 'word' random questions into knowledge issues. The best you could do with that one is: 'How do we know whether shoplifting is ethical or not?' Try adding some AoKs/WoKs to your question to make it more general.

(first section on knowledge issues)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_knowledge_(IB_course)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epistemology (optional)