Sign in to follow this  

Which HLs should I take this year?

I'm going into my second year of IB, and I'm kind of unsure about my schedule and my IB courses.

Right now, it looks like this: English HL, History HL, Math HL, and Physics SL.

I'm pretty sure I can't pass the Math HL, though, so I've been considering taking Studies or SL instead to fulfill my Math requirement. I've already taken Philosophy SL and Spanish SL.

If I dropped Math HL, I'd need another HL credit, right? I'd be interested in taking Psych, but my school doesn't offer that so I'm thinking about taking the Art HL(B) to fulfill the HL requirement. That means I'd have a total of seven IB courses... That's not advisable, is it? But I don't think there's anything else I could do. Is it even possible for me to take Art HL in one year?

Any comments/suggestions? Thanks.

Taking Art HL is pretty hard and im not entirely sure if its reccomendable for your last year, if you can convince your teachers though I am sure you can get into it. I would fight for psych HL its not much different to SL and really interesting. Have you considered Philosophy HL?

I'm pretty sure my school doesn't offer any IB Psych courses or Philosophy HL, though. I struggled through Philosophy SL, anyway.

I kmow the Art HL is supposed to be a difficult two-year course, but I think it'll be manageable without Math HL in my schedule.