TOK: Love or Hate?

dessskris

TOK: Love or Hate?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about TOK?

• I love/like TOK.
    • I'm okay with TOK.
    • I hate TOK.

The things that ToK teaches you is good, but I HATE the work we do for it. I mean seriously, what's the point of writing a damn essay on a prescribed title. In my opinion, ToK should just be taught, with no assessments, etc. That would make it fun and interesting, right now it just takes up too much of my time.

Turtler I found it rather odd that you are quoting yourself.

The concept behind are already known. to use reason and how politicians manipulate with language. But as we all say the course is not good... Like do a presentation that is related to AoK's and WoK's but you need to find also KI

I want to do mine in mathematics, but didn't know what KI means? So I couldn't find one for it. I'm still searching for one

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Started off hating it, cos we were never taught a thing about it. Learned some more about formal logic while prepping for the LNAT, now I love it.

Started off hating it, cos we were never taught a thing about it. Learned some more about formal logic while prepping for the LNAT, now I love it. I always did like dealing with the sort of questions that arise in ToK, but I hated the terminology and structure, and now I get them.

I don't know how I feel about TOK. I love debating and I thought that was what TOK was all about. But in my class, all we do is follow the TOK textbook strictly and answer all of the questions in it (boring!). I don't feel as if the class was very useful at all, but mostly because of the teacher. Even though the IB essay is all done and has been for nearly two months now, we still do written essays like "Is the Mona Lisa a masterpiece?"!!!! I don't see how this widens my "academic" horizons or improves my logic in anyway. However at my school there's another TOK class (held by another teacher) that is dynamic and with regular debates. I'm very jealous of classes like that... But as a whole I loved the subject matter, I just hate how my teacher taught us it. :(

Off to write/bs 5 short essays for TOK now about how this class helped me over the past two years... sigh lols.