Art Exhibition Pieces

cabl

Hai fellow IBers!

I have just stared my final year of IB and am thus in need of starting my Art projects for the exhibition!

I haven't chosen my topic yet, and that is not what I'm looking for here either, though the desicion depends slightly on my question.

Is it possible to have a video as a piece of work for the exhibition? I am not thinking about having the whole exhibition with videos, only one of the pieces. I have tried to find information about this, but failed. So if anyone know the answer, I'd be grateful! :)

Hi there! Yes you can have a video as a piece, its a type of installation..but you're going to have to think of a way to exhibit it, whether you want to project it onto a screen or onto a wall..its not recommended to show the examiner the piece on your laptop.

When you fill in the final booklet, you can just take a few snapshots and put those in.

Its very possible don't worry ") my teacher is an examiner and she tells us to do videos if we can because it shows diversity. But you have to really find an artist whos work will be somewhat to what you doing (you have to show inspiration)

And on the topics issue, its not necessary to have a topic, IB just wants to see growth, where your inspiration comes from and especially asking and answering questions about yourself. My work is very very very personal..mostly about why im afraid of dieing. A few people in my class don't even have topics they're just trying to find out about themselves, some are doing political art. You don't have to stick to a certain topic. But just check with your teacher first.

:)

Edited by Jaymi