Canada During the Great Depression

Tokyhoe

Overproduction in the 20's in Canada together with the under consumption led to that they got hurt the most, after the US, by the great dep. Then since production decreased people lost their jobs and obviously consumes less, retrieved from;

http://canadachannel.ca/HCO/index.php/3._The_Great_Depression_and_the_Dirty_Thirties

Has pretty much good stuff about the Great dep. Frpm Canadas point of view, good luck

• 1 month later...

Is anybody else doing their History IA on Canada? It feels like I'm the only one in this boat. Any help on the economic policies of Bennett and Mackenzie would be great, too.

Although I did not do my History IA on Canada, I did study it as required by the government in pre-IB History, so I might be able to help. If you're looking for sources, I would probably search sites like statistics Canada and for Canadian legal documents regarding the policies of the two. There is also a rather large amount of educational sites and government run sites on the Great Depression in Canada, as it was documented almost as well here as it was in America. This includes pictures, memoirs, books, etc., there are even papers written directly by Bennett at the time. Searching google using "google.ca" rather than ".com" might help your chances in finding online sources. In terms of their actual policies, it depends on what you want to know as there are certainly a lot of angles you could take. In general though, Bennett took a more traditional approach, with little intervention until he was met with great dissatisfaction, after which he attempted to change but then lost the elections and Mackenzie King promised quite a bit, while doing very little, and eventually adopted a Keynesian economics program to stimulate the failing economy (as far as we were taught). Bennett and King were pretty famous, especially King, so I imagine there is a lot of information out there to use.

Archives Canada