Posting on profiles

CkyBlue

I've noticed that the character count is 400, but once we get around that point and post our message , say at 395 characters, there is an ellipsis that kind of cuts out the ending bits of a post that we have written. I'm sure most of us have experienced this if we have posted 400 character mark wall-posts. Can anyone fix this?

• Like 1

it would also be awesome if the limit is extended to like 4000 characters :D jk, perhaps 500.

Perhaps 1000. :D

Oh and also, I think the cutoff occurs at around 375 characters...somewhere around there.

EDIT: It occurs at 385 characters, I think. Just tried it out.

Edited by TurtleR

I'd say 1000. 1000 characters is only about 3 inches high, so even if someone attempts to spam, it wont be that bad. Also, because of the limit, I'd imagine the formatting of the site wouldn't get messed up.

If you have no limit, then someone could easily post a message that's 20000 characters long, which would SERIOUSLY mess up the formatting of your profile.

• Like 1

Actually the 400 limit is good because then its less data is sent via the servers. thus making browsing a little faster. It would probably slow down if we were to extend that limit. but then again Graeme needs to verify this.

Actually the 400 limit is good because then its less data is sent via the servers. thus making browsing a little faster. It would probably slow down if we were to extend that limit. but then again Graeme needs to verify this.

Increasing the limit from 400 to 1000 would only increase data usage by about 600 bytes. (Well not exactly, depending on character encoding and stuff like that, but it's still not enough to make a noticeable difference)

• Like 3