How does the IB affect your life?

CkyBlue

Hi there, I am kind of new here :D

What I like most in IB is philosophy, it really requires some knowledge and analytical research (I am doing two subjects from Options as there are only two people in my group, me and my friend so we have political philosophy and art one), makes me feel smarter when talking with friends :) Yeah, that is that kind of chill lessons, we can be late etc. just because it's just two of us in the group. I really like the discussions, though.

Another thing what is... IT MADE ME LAZIER. yeah, how is it even possible? :P But haha when weekend comes, I sleep till 1pm and I feel really good at it.

That's probably not much. But I'm first grade and still drilling in :D

• 2 weeks later...

I think the biggest changes that IB has had in my life are:

- It's made me more proactive. I'll get out of my way to ask questions, find CAS activities, etc.

- It's helped me improve my work ethics

- It's made me realise that all IB students around the globe suffer from the same things as I do :P

I think I've always been a critical thinker, so TOK actually hasn't changed me that much.

It doesn't really :P. Well, I don't get enough sleep from Monday to Friday, but it's just me loving to stay up late, watching Dexter (like now), wasting my time at faceboo and twitter. And during weeknds - sleeping till 2 pm, watching, wasting time.

Sometimes I learn sth, but I don't really care about homeworks. Actually I get those only in Polish, English and Maths and it's only Polish that I have to care about and write sth if it's required :P.

Personally, IB has made me cry, it's made me laugh, and through it, I've created some amazing friendships. I've spent weeks being desperately depressed, drowning in assessment, but it's made me appreciate holidays like never before! XD

It's also taught me how to immediately judge just how much effort everything takes, how much time to spend on it, and whether it has any direct personal benefits. Also how to complete essays in an afternoon to a high standard, and how to study while sitting in bed (my parents won't buy me a desk, and make me go to bed by 10pm) XD

Pretty much everything I do these days has to satisfy one of these:

1) Is it necessary to pass this semester?

2) Will I get CAS points?

3) Will it help in any way shape or form with any of my courses?

4) Does it involve free food?

5) Do I have time to complete all my other work if I do it? (Generally, no. I never go anywhere except school and home during school time).

Despite this, I love IB because it's taught me how much that I can do. I have no idea what I did the whole way through high school.

IB has changed me alot.

-I haven't been watching TV as much

-I haven't been getting on facebook everyday, more like once every one or two weeks now

-I take notes in every class, (even my one non-IB class which is ROTC)

-I am snacking more

-I listen to music more because it relieves my stress

-I haven't had time to work-out as much (and i love working out; i used to go to the gym like everyday)...i miss that

-and there's sooo much more.

-one last thing...and it's TOK,...we're reading this book called Sophie's World and it's super interesting. It's about philosophy and there's stuff about things I've never really wondered about before so now it's got me questioning everything....

----overall, yes, IB has changed me alot.

I just really really realllllllllllllly love the IB ya know?! its changed my life in ways i could never have imagined. i spend my weekends reading classics such as hamlet and the invisible man. its just soo soo soo soo so so amazing. oh and ill give you a prize if you can guess my gender..... cause im not telling!!!!! :blowkiss:

• Like 1

Guest Animistic Anaemia

I've been clearly mindf... and brainwashed since I entered the IB. so there you go, it changed all in me lol

Edited by Animistic Anaemia

Hey,

IB has done more than change my life completely:

I no longer watch TV, I dont sleep enough and I have to book days with my boyfriend to stop myself overworking... I am a moany person and have incredible mood-swings... Everything non-IB people do annoys me to hell and back... I dont have a social life.. The list can go on, and im tired, so tired. I need sleep and perhaps a shrink.. I'm hating every moment of this course atm, and all I can do is push through...

on the jokes section, I spend a lot of time with IB friends making up philosophy jokes and ways of remembering philosophy, like David Hume humms a Tune while collecting a bundle of sticks, all the while Kant gazes at the moon and says I Kant get to the moon.. (Core theme, experiences - if anyone needs help remembering it)

I really hope IB hasnt affected anyone as badly as its affected me xx

lol you guys are HILARIOUS!

coming to me :

- everytime i hear the question how do you know, i just get a laughing fit, or even a subconscious grin :D

- everytime i am clueless to a question, i ask the above question :P

- everytime my formtuto asks me to pick up something from the floor, i first pause and ask: do i get cas hours for that? XD

- oh and now IBS has substituted my facebook

- I have developed my first phobia of lab reports, and i am actually not even kidding, the mere thought of it drains ALL of my energy -.-

- IB has made me appreciate holidays,

- funnily, i developed my own way of coping with stress: the more work i get the more relaxed i get, because i keep thinking: haha, why be worried? It can not possible get worse anyway :D

And it's really cool that a teacher i strongly dislike teaches tok, because then everytime i have a bad day i just storm into

a TOK class and argue, without getting into trouble.

But sadly, everytime i read an IB joke, it's not even funny to me because that actually happens/happened :S

And, being in the UK, calling someone an 'A-level' is the worst possible insult ever XD

ahaha i agree with Avan, you guys are hilarious.

Well IB has certainly done something to affect my life. I'm always sleep deprived, my hands always hurt now with all work we get, i'm intuitive these days which is a miracle all on its own, i'm always mad after going into a TOK class because of the amount of close-minded people we have in our school and blah blah blah :P. Its really helped me think about a lot of things from another perspective and i love that feeling when i win an argument because of something i learned in the TOK class or any other IB class. IB is like a boss :P

And as you can from what i've said, i'm totally sleep deprived :eek: