How does the IB affect your life?

CkyBlue

• 3 weeks later...

At first I didn't think IB impacted my life significantly.That is why I initially,did not reply to this post

But the other day,there was something about racism on the news

and then I started thinking about racism and what causes it

and analysing situations where my friends had conflict because of race

and I wondered "what is racist?are people racists or are thoughts or words racist?"

"if someone says something racist,are they racist?"

Yeah...then I realised that IB has made me think deeper than before.

[quote name=Gee :)' timestamp='1325612732' post='145309]

At first I didn't think IB impacted my life significantly.That is why I initially,did not reply to this post

But the other day,there was something about racism on the news

and then I started thinking about racism and what causes it

and analysing situations where my friends had conflict because of race

and I wondered "what is racist?are people racists or are thoughts or words racist?"

"if someone says something racist,are they racist?"

Yeah...then I realised that IB has made me think deeper than before.

Post number 9 is one already made by you. What are you talking about, "did not reply to this post?"

Must be your IB-done hangover mood. XD

While I'm here I'll give an update also :P

Besides more sleep deprivation, not much has changed from my initial posts; hmm.

I guess it has also made me realize the nature of social relationships in my school (which could extend to social relationships in general), how people tend to cluster together because of their similarities. Things related to this are also discussed in the http://www.ibsurviva...at-your-school/ thread. Nothing has actually changed much since grade 11 I think, ToK, hasn't really changed me, I've always been a ToK person in my opinion. I guess I've also learned to dislike a lot more things if I was actually in the program rather than being a mere bystander; I am completely against CAS and the IB learner profile, although it would be beneficial to a lot of people I know.

Minus the cheesiness, I think we'd tend to have better friends in IB than in other academic/mainstream programs. With students there, in pain, bleeding with you, sometimes even for you, how could I not say I've made real companions that will be there for me beyond education? Hell, this program has pulled us all together to suffer; so might as well try to get along with people better along the way.

I love to tell and read academic/IB jokes. They are the best type of joke in my opinion. When someone tells them, I always laugh even if I've heard it before.

I can't read books/watch movies without analyzing it for themes, symbols, foreshadowing, and other literary features.

I've become strict about certain aspects of grammar. For instance, I hate it when people say "quote" when "quotation" is the proper word to be used.

My thoughts mostly revolve around the completion of homework and studying for exams. When I have a extra commitment on a day that would limit the amount of time I have to complete homework, I'm planning around that and trying to find a way I can squeeze in extra time to complete homework. I use weekends as homework catch up time.

Yeah, IB took over my life.

• 1 month later...

I love to tell and read academic/IB jokes. They are the best type of joke in my opinion. When someone tells them, I always laugh even if I've heard it before.

I can't read books/watch movies without analyzing it for themes, symbols, foreshadowing, and other literary features.

I've become strict about certain aspects of grammar. For instance, I hate it when people say "quote" when "quotation" is the proper word to be used.

My thoughts mostly revolve around the completion of homework and studying for exams. When I have a extra commitment on a day that would limit the amount of time I have to complete homework, I'm planning around that and trying to find a way I can squeeze in extra time to complete homework. I use weekends as homework catch up time.

Yeah, IB took over my life.

I actually try to avoid that kind of stuff to suppress stereotypes about us in our school...

Damn, don't you try to have seperate life that's not so "IB"? It's important to try new things, or achieve a balance don't you think?

Because of IB,

-I now can agree with "you know you're IB when.." statements,

-I take the IB jokes seriously

-I don't ever have free time

- I get nervous when I have "no homework", because you know that isn't actually possible in IB.

(;

hahahahha, watch that video. It's "**** IB kids say"

I know that we will all agree with it XD