Extended Essay in Business and Management

cva21

Hi guys, I'm a little stuck with my business EE.

I plan to do my extended essay in Business and sort of talk about how companies use social networking to market their products. However, I am unable to formulate a more precise question. Also, I'm a bit confused about the structure of the essay.

Have a look in the subject specific criteria for a Business and Management extended essay. This should definitely help a lot :)

Also, I know I don't do B&M, but a few friends of mine did EE's in B&M, and all of theirs were to do with "should Business X do action X". Not sure if your proposed topic is right or not. Again, read the subject specific criteria for a B&M EE :)

Well you could frame your question more like "Why choose Social networking for a marketing strategy?". Read some sample BM EEs to get a clearer picture on what BM extended essays sound like. Your topic looks a lot like an ITGS EE so don't go too much into the technicalities of Social marketing. Talk more about how it can be used to promote different products and the advantages over other marketing techniques. You may use examples of companies who HAVE USED social networking sites to market their products but don't dwell too much into them.

Each Subject comes with its own EE criteria so make sure to get yours from your EE supervisor/IB Coordinator.

Feel free to ask me for help if you like.

Well you could frame your question more like "Why choose Social networking for a marketing strategy?". Read some sample BM EEs to get a clearer picture on what BM extended essays sound like. Your topic looks a lot like an ITGS EE so don't go too much into the technicalities of Social marketing. Talk more about how it can be used to promote different products and the advantages over other marketing techniques. You may use examples of companies who HAVE USED social networking sites to market their products but don't dwell too much into them.

Each Subject comes with its own EE criteria so make sure to get yours from your EE supervisor/IB Coordinator.

Feel free to ask me for help if you like.

A thing that struck me while I was reading the EE criteria for B&M was that it said, a good EE will use appropriate analytical tools... but I don't see how that is possible with a topic like mine. What do you think?

Well you could do SWOT and PEST analysis on Social networking as marketing tools. And do a survey or make a company DO social marketing compare results and display findings....

But gosh you can use MANY of the tools listed in Paul Hoang's BM textbook.