Specific number of hours for each CAS criteria?

kim luffy

heya guys! :) I hope IB is treating you well (though it's not for me :/). Anyways i was wondering does CAS have like a limit on the number of hours you do in each activity? because I don't have a CAS co-ordinator (the original one left so the school is still finding a replacement :blink:) so i don't have anyone else to ask. I need to start counting my hours and i'm not sure how to do that :/ I hope i made sense. Any help will be much appreciated :blush:

Keep in mind that now its not just about the hours, its about being the kinds of things you do, being involved, etc.

Every school does it differently, so wait and see how your new CAS coordinator wants things done (by that I mean how he/she wants you to record hours, write up evaluations on activities etc.)

But yes 50 hours per each is a good guideline to follow meanwhile, and consider getting signatures/evidence such as photos for activities you do.

thanks! :D I have to wait for the CAS co ordinator to be elected at our school :/

^^^This.

Are you a part of the new curriculum? If you are, theres a good chance of you needing to satisfy the 8 learning outcomes instead of counting hours. At my school, this involves doing around 3-4 hours of CAS every week

No i don't think so. what are the 8 learning outcomes? :o

thanks! :D I have to wait for the CAS co ordinator to be elected at our school :/

^^^This.

Are you a part of the new curriculum? If you are, theres a good chance of you needing to satisfy the 8 learning outcomes instead of counting hours. At my school, this involves doing around 3-4 hours of CAS every week

No i don't think so. what are the 8 learning outcomes? :o

Haha oh man, I can barely remember. I think they were something along the lines of:

Perseverance and Commitment

Learning a new skill

Awareness of strengths and discovering areas of growth

Ethics

Global Connections

Initiative

Undertaking new challenges

Collaboration

....something like that.

• Like 1

Haha oh man, I can barely remember. I think they were something along the lines of:

Perseverance and Commitment

Learning a new skill

Awareness of strengths and discovering areas of growth

Ethics

Global Connections

Initiative

Undertaking new challenges

Collaboration

....something like that.

Oh wow! i think we do but i'm not sure :/ Thanks a lot for the help though XD