Who decides the topics?

MR.AHM

My first question in your school who decides to do the portfolio. For example does the teacher gives you the two portfolios and the class decides which one to do or he decides on his own.

Also I found out that there are portfolios for 2011-2012 and 2012-2013

So in total we can have a choice of 4 right. Or we have two only.

I mean if he we did the Type II from 2011-2012. So are we going to do it from 2012-2013 or we can do it from the same one.

Thanks

Well in my case, our teacher did not give us any option. We were just handed in the topics and we had to solve them within 5 days.

Also, as far as I know we do actually have 4 options but I think that you must do one type I and one II from the same year's portfolio. For instance if you did your type I from the 2011-2012 topics then the type II should also be from the same portfolio. Hope that helps and good luck with it! :)

• Like 1

Thank you

I was wondering if thats the case. I will start my Type 1 portfolio because I am did one from 2011-2012.

I will start doing some notes, brief notes on them. So that when I start it I know what I am going to do.

So I hope you are correct. And I will start to do some notes on them like Linear equation. and about dices i think.

Thank you :)

so why did you delete your reply to my post? it's a good practice, writing on this site. plus it's very difficult to comprehend what you are trying to say if you omit necessary words like be and punctuation marks. if you always type like this, what if you do it in the exams without realising? the examiner might not understand and some of them might not bother to reread and try to understand what you're trying to address.

right, btw Jirashimosu, we don't have to do the tasks from the same year set. I did my Type 1 from 2011/12 list and I did my Type 2 from 2012/13 list.

you have 4 choices for each IA Type. in a few schools the students get to choose by themselves, but in most schools the teachers choose and the students have no choice.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The teacher decides. The choice is actually unlimited, since the teacher can use other sources as well and can even make up their own portfolio sheet if they wish to do so.

This is correct. The teacher can come up with a portfolio question. However, they need to send a sample of five portfolios from their class to the IBO for moderation. If the moderators decide that the question was too easy, they will mark the entire class down.

The sample of five is also used to approximate how well the teacher has been grading the portfolios. If they find that the teacher has been extra lenient (whether they were or not for the entire class), the entire class may be marked down based on the sample of five.