Difference between a ab initio french and regular beginner french

peiyao

So my school has a massive schedule conflict and there are only 2 ways for a lot of us to stay in full ib. First is to take french 20(grade 11) regular class and self study the extra ib curriculum. Another is to take math 30(grade 12 math) SL and then go to math 31(calculus) HL.

And I'm just wondering is there a big difference between the french 20(grade 11) IB curriculum and french 20-grade 11 regular class?

Guest KAPOWW!!

So my school has a massive schedule conflict and there are only 2 ways for a lot of us to stay in full ib. First is to take french 20(grade 11) regular class and self study the extra ib curriculum. Another is to take math 30(grade 12 math) SL and then go to math 31(calculus) HL.

And I'm just wondering is there a big difference between the french 20(grade 11) IB curriculum and french 20-grade 11 regular class?

Well ab initio is a course in any language for beginners, though from my personal experience its rather rushed and the cover more and make you learn in 2 years what I learned from Grade 8-10. But don't worry french ab initio is easy, you just need to think french not english and given that you from Canada, you should find that easy, communicate with french speaking classmates or friends a lot! and If you come across any difficulties whilst doing the course, PM me I'll be glad to help! :D