Writing about your essay?

CkyBlue

If you have a thesis like that, it would probably be best to explain how Ralph's rude behaviour is affected by the types of food he eats.

If your essay is going to be about explaining how the food Ralph eats AFFECTS his behaviour, then you would end up explaining HOW it affects his behaviour, so its something you'll end up doing anyways.

Well, the point of your essay is to prove to the readers that Ralph's rude behaviour is about the food he eats, correct?

In that case, why not just change your thesis to "Ralph's behaviour is affected by the food he eats"?

This way, you can later elaborate on how his behaviour is affected because it makes him more rude.

By locked in, are you saying this thesis is something that was provided by a teacher? In that case, if the thesis is "Ralph's rude behaviour is affected by the food he eats" then I would suggest still writing it as I said before. Just include points about how the food affects his behaviour, and then you can elaborate later on my explaining how his behaviour is affected.

• Like 1