Sign in to follow this  

Tutoring each other over skype?

Wouldn't it be kinda cool if we all tutored and helped each other over skype??? Its a new idea, and could be very effectable. It would be like usual tutoring but with the person next to you, and you can both gain out of it! feedback your thoughts xo

It would be difficult because personally, with skype I've had connectivity issues and not everyone has a fast internet connection. Furthermore, I don't know how many people you can have in a skype conversation at once, but I think the maximum is 3 (not sure however).

However, a great software online is Cosketch, which can be found here (cosketch.com).

It's an online whiteboard, and you simply send the link of the whiteboard to people, and they can easily join in.

Theres a chatbox, so you can talk to each other, and there's also the whiteboard itself, so you can draw stuff that's hard to put into text form (such as chemistry structures and math formulas).

Edited by TurtleR
  • Like 1

It would be difficult because personally, with skype I've had connectivity issues and not everyone has a fast internet connection. Furthermore, I don't know how many people you can have in a skype conversation at once, but I think the maximum is 3 (not sure however).

However, a great software online is Cosketch, which can be found here (cosketch.com).

It's an online whiteboard, and you simply send the link of the whiteboard to people, and they can easily join in.

Theres a chatbox, so you can talk to each other, and there's also the whiteboard itself, so you can draw stuff that's hard to put into text form (such as chemistry structures and math formulas).

Wow. Cosketch is awesome! :D Love the way I can now place my exponents properly. :)

Haha. Anyway, for SKYPE, me and my friends chat over skype for lessons, since its free, and there's no time limit and other people can use the net while you're using it, unlike using the telephone, so yea!

Skype is effective! Question, why not create like a Skype Network for us IB Survival People, so we can help each other out?

Guest KAPOWW!!

I think this is cool, but the user won't just offer lectures, for people they don't know, its going to be a slow process getting to know each other, so what's the sense? I'm for your topic though?

I think online tutoring's a great idea =D. I really need help in math, but I'd be glad to help people in other subjects like English A1.

Edited by wombat123