Worst IB schedule?

max0005

I don't remember what the afternoon was, but the morning was TRIPLE GERMAN. Yep. Three consecutive hours of German with a short 15 minute break between the second and third hour. OH, and the lessons were one-to-one. Just me and the teacher. I still dream about it sometimes...

I don't remember what the afternoon was, but the morning was TRIPLE GERMAN. Yep. Three consecutive hours of German with a short 15 minute break between the second and third hour. OH, and the lessons were one-to-one. Just me and the teacher. I still dream about it sometimes...

Language is easier than other groups though. Triple Chemistry one-on-one is tormenting, teachers don't like it either.

Language is easier than other groups though. Triple Chemistry one-on-one is tormenting, teachers don't like it either.

Oh I agree, and if it was triple French, I would be fine with it, but it was the fact that it was GERMAN. It was soul destroying. Having to do listening exercises and look at German grammar. I have difficulties with German that just aren't there in French. Higher Level French is a gift of a subject. Higher Level German is terrifying. ALL OF THE WORDS ARE THE SAME.

• Like 1

All my classes are in the same order everyday. In one day there are 9 periods approx. 48 minutes long. Except for 3rd period which has a few extra minutes to compensate for our lack of homeroom.

1. Thank god I have no first period. I get to sleep in early at least.

2. IB Physics SL

3. ToK 2

4. IB History of the Americas HL

5. IB English A1 HL

6. IB Spanish B HL

7. IB Mathematics SL

8. Lunch. We can go out of school for lunch. But by that time it's approx. 2:00 PM, very late for lunch here.

9. IB Biology HL

The fact that I cannot eat or have a break with any easy classes for 7 hours greatly annoys me. I tend to doze off in ToK or History if they aren't somewhat compelling. My schedule also means that in those 7 hours I have to pay attention, there's no slow periods in those classes in which I could do work for other classes.

Having six full periods (each an hour long) in a day, the maximum amount of periods in a day at my school, and 1.5-3 hours of SAT prep in the evening.

It's not that the combination is bad (although Spanish HL as the last period of the day on a Thursday certainly doesn't help), but the day is just so long!

And then five periods on Friday, and 3.5 hours of SAT prep.

Fun.

All my classes are in the same order everyday.

3. ToK 2

OMFG you have tok EVERYDAY!!!!!!!

I'd hate going to school if I were you.

I don't hate school. But I go to my morning classes half dead. The fact that ToK is the longest class and that I get nearly no sleep the night before, and my teacher only lectures and doesn't do compulsory discussions leads to my utter hatred of spending my morning in that room. For ex: we're doing Language in 4 days. All the material: 4 days. Agh!